Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Happy This One Crossed From ICCS To PCGS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
804 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  11:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was in an ICCS holder at MS-63RB, now in a PCGS holder at MS-63RB. Click the photo for a closer view. Coin is actually a little lighter and more original red than the PCGS photo indicates.

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/35374245
Pillar of the Community
United States
2489 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Micro-D. I have 5,but none close to that grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
804 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, circulated examples are not overly scarce. I think I have two of those also. There are also two or three other mint state ones, at least, out there. Having said that, I am content with this one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1389 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Rob like mentioned hard coin to find in this condition
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1403 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Beautiful coin! I had the first two Micro Ds cross-over into PCGS, and now you've added your MS63...I'm glad you used the "Repunched D" PCGS Number...

I think there are a lot of Micro Ds out there that would never cross into PCGS...damaged/cleaned or just very low grade

This will be a very tough variety to get in a PCGS holder...

Here are mine:
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/34660396
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/34660397

Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice! Impressive in that grade!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1389 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another two nice one's in the higher grades
Valued Member
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

Out of curiosity, did you specify a minimum grade when crossing it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
804 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent it in in its ICCS MS-63RB holder, so they take that as the minimum grade.
Edited by bosox
04/24/2018 2:00 pm
Learn More...
Canada
8536 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know of one finer... I have held it in my hands when it was raw - it probably would grade MS-64Red with PCGS, but for now it is tucked away in a collection...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1518 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin was picked up by my grandfather some time well before 1950 and sat untouched in a storage box until it went to ICCS around 5 years ago. There was some other neat stuff along with it but as far as large cent varieties go it was the best one in the collection.

Pillar of the Community
United States
804 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And thank you to Smallcentguy for selling it to me.
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6692 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3273 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!!

Very nice. Thank you for sharing!
Valued Member
Canada
472 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin bosox.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05