Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Effigy Mounds Quarter Error?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 11,886Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  9:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Anatree to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,would you please tell me what kind of error on the quarter on the right?looks like there are extra rock or tree?Thank you so much!!

Edited by Anatree
05/09/2018 9:18 pm
Learn More...
United States
16633 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Anatree, first welcome to CCF. Second, sorry but I don't see the specific extra rock or tree on the righthand image. Could you perhaps use Paint or some other program to add an arrow to point to this feature? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2621 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the coin on the right was a better strike.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1497 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I think I see what prompted your question.

The pic is a little blurry when enlarged, but my first impression is an interior die break, but I'll yield to the die break experts on this board for a better ID. If it is an IDB, I don't see it listed on Cuds-On-Coins.

Good eye!

EDIT: The lump in the circle on the left appears to be a rock. It's the lump on the right that makes me pause.
Edited by fortcollins
05/09/2018 9:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Occirats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
theres one below the G in EFFIGY where it meets land that I see at coin on right
Edited by Occirats
05/09/2018 10:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Occirats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fortcollins, see another on the tree to the left of your circle
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10651 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those appear to be small die chips. Good eye!

They are too small to be considered interior die breaks, so you won't find them listed anywhere.

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1592 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Which mint mark is it?
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those aren't die chips but part of the design. OPs left coin is missing that part of the design. Why?. Possibilities are twofold, this is a polishing effort to remove a die clash (which I suspect highly) or this shows two slightly different hubbing master dies. Since this isn't a widely reported error, the second possibility probably isn't it. Notice the smoothness of the right coin in that general area, another sign of heavy polishing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1592 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I politely disagree Craztb0, I looked through my roll of Denver mint and none of them have the extra "rocks/trees". The original design is a clean hilltop line through that area, like OPs left image.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link to the mints image:
https://www.usmint.gov/wordpress/wp...-reverse.jpg
It doesn't show that on their image.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anatree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,Thank you so much everyone my son is so excited to read all the reply:)(I try to steal his time from the Xbox). This coin is P mint mark.Thanks again:)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you get a chance you could check with John Wexler on doubleddie.com. His email address is on the bottom of his home page.
http://doubleddie.com/1801.html
He may or may not have seen this before? Send him the best of your images. He probably will be able to tell from them what you have. Let us know.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anatree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, I'll do that:) Thank you and have a great day!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have great days. I make them great days. Being here is just part of it.
Richard S. Cooper

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anatree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I can see that, this morning my 11 year old son was screaming that mom this person has 28700 posts!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 11,886Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05