Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P quarter error on obverse  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  7:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, wondering if this 1982 P quarter has a potential good flaw in it? The liberty seems to be struck within the rim. There is also wearing on the reverse side where it says quarter dollar. The distance of wear between obverse and rear are exactly the same. Please give me your opinion on this.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
23295 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1. Is that emoji eating popcorn a good sign?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post pics of the edges, please?

It could be an error ….. maybe. Collar shimmy or stutter strike?

It's a puzzle.

Like John1, I am waiting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7873 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well my response was "hmm".

It is interesting how the rim dips down to the tops of the letters in LIBERTY, almost like the edge of the die was chipped at each of those locations. @chavez, could you please post a pic of the edge in that region?

I also agree that there is something going on in the same area on the rev with the denomination.

I'll be interested to see what others think about this one.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Occirats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in to the upsetting...show whole front of coin to see please if you can
Edited by Occirats
05/14/2018 9:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4178 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check this out :
Obverse
http://goccf.com/t/290521
Edited by Dorado
05/14/2018 9:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1301 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice that the tops of QUARTER DOLLAR are also pretty messed up, particularly TE, as well as the tops of united states. Some kind of more serious MD where the die bounced into the rim?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7577 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The third pic isn't loading for me.
irony n. the opposite of wrinkly

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Occirats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dorado....same MM...same die ya thinking?
Edited by Occirats
05/14/2018 10:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’ll get some high resolution microscopic pics, then format them to the proper size soon. I’m pretty excited to hear your comments so far.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here are the pics as promised. The error side measures 600+ microns while the normal edge is around 400. Wish me luck.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chavez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
59123 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31295 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent Mike Diamond a note on this one.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05