Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How are Your ATB Sets Progressing?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  7:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Seeing the possible designs for the last six ATB Quarters got me wondering how everyone is doing with their sets? Do you collect from circulation, and if so, how many have you found? What about proof sets, silver proofs, uncirculated S-mint quarters, and ATB pucks?

I am working on the Dansco 8146 and 8147 (P&D, proof, silver). I'm up to date on most of the P&D's (except a few from 2012) but have yet to get the pre-2016 proofs. I originally collected the ATBs from circulation but could not find many of the D quarters, especially 2013 and earlier. If I did, they were usually worn or marked.
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1526 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two more coins to go to finish 1965-2017 from circulation. I still need Gettysburg P and Olympic P. I have gone through about $2200 in quarters to get this far. Maybe the next roll will do it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Groszy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ATB? I'm still working on upgrading my set of Statehoods!

(A lot of mint state early-years are finding their way into circulation now. Down from a prevalence of 2005-2006 a few years ago. It's odd. Collection dumps being year-restrictive and such.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can proudly say its not going at all. My clads stop at 2009 with both mint and proofs 1964-2009. Any more is cost prohibitive, besides, the ATBs are equated to the Sacageweas/Native Americans, all above 2009.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8113 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  12:08 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what my set looks like:

I still need several years worth of the 50 States silver proofs for my album, so I won't be starting ATBs until that's finished. Then, I will most likely start slowly working on a silver proof ATB album as an aside.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I don't go out of my way to look for all the quarters, when I get a nice example of one I save it and have managed to get all the states except Washington D.C. and American Samoa.
I've also gotten all the ATB Quarters, even 2 of the 2018's, except Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and Mt. Hood. They are from the first year of issue, but somehow I haven't come across any of them.
I guess I'll just keep checking my change until they show up.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Historically I collect from circulation, but the ATB Quarters seem hard to come by so I buy the circulating quarter set from the mint every year.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05