Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Q/ What are the cherubs doing?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
208 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  09:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Q/ What are the cherubs doing?

Q/ What is the press for?

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...view/3-AHIEJ ... image from Stack's & Bowers, Lot 90002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall,_Michigan ... the town of Marshall, Michigan

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Why collect coins? Memory is the second thing to go. The use of money is the last thing to go.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chopping wood, moving stone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1596 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard labor.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28964 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
American industry.
Learn More...
United States
61618 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do what cherubs do best, of course!

Cherubs were the workers of the gods.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thoughts; thank you, one and all.

An off-forum pal & I have been kicking some ideas around.

My own guesses have evolved, so to speak, to settle on:

- the large roundish object in the foreground is a loaf of bread, and

- the press is an olive or wine press, and

- the rightmost cherub is pouring something (perhaps olive oil, perhaps honey) on the bread, and

- the center / rearmost cherub is splitting, uh, dunno.

And to think that whatever we are looking at would have been obvious to the first owner of the note!

Q/ Anybody else see a loaf of bread?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Why collect coins? Memory is the second thing to go. The use of money is the last thing to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1463 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rightmost cherub is pushing a long handle and turning the screw-press, and I believe the large object being pried on by the leftmost cherub is a rock. I believe the center cherub is using a wedge to split a log. That's how I see it.
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is actually a very large Brazil nut in the press. Or the cherubs are very small.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5540 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
Australia
61 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add serenitystan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cherub Stonemasons preparing stone slabs for the new PMG banknote grading building.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3018 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are working on making America great again!
Edited by KenKat
07/05/2018 9:32 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05