Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking for some Dansco Album advice  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi-Ho! Krazy Kermit here!

I am looking for some advice on albums. I keep hearing a lot of people talking about them, and they seem interesting and was wondering how do you keep your coins that may be BU or close to it in the condition do the plastic slabs for the coins not scratch the surfaces?

Pictures always help me learn so if anyone has some awesome pictures of their collections in those or in anything period. Please post them!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2968 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coins sit back from the slides so if you are careful, they donít scratch in my experience.

You can see my Type set and Lincoln set in Danscos in the links in my signature line.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KenKat!

Awesome coins! Honestly the plastic is so clear it appears through the pictures that there was none at all. Which is a very nice feature. Also the fact that the plastic doesn't seem the hurt anything is a nice plus.

Thanks Again!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15612 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco are great albums if you collect raw coins. They make a handsome display.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buckwill311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 4 Dansco Albums and I love them, they are a little pricey, but itís worth it considering how nice the coins look in it. No matter what album you have, you need to be extra careful when adding or removing coins
College bound
Lehigh University Ď2022
Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are alternatives to Dansco, but I do like the looks of Dansco's tan pages.

I got some of these when I started getting rid of my folders:
http://goccf.com/t/108818

Here is a link to the website and albums.

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/th...n-collector/

I tend to look for used Danscos when I go to shows or to my local dealer. You can pick then up for 5.00 sometimes.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7062 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was impressed with this guys method and have quite a few three ring binders now. I have albums too but I do like this method.

http://goccf.com/t/126346
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
296 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very happy with them, I think I have about 20 of them.
To me the best parts of the Dansco albums are that:
You can see both sides of the coins.
You can show them to friends etc, and not worry that they will touch the coin (people love to touch things)
I like the way they look, leather looking binders w/gold leaf name on spine
They are-printed inside, so you can tell at a glance what coins you still need
And finally, the slip covers fit tight and are chemically treated to keep the coins looking new.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
United States
8839 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here's what I do. I use Whitman albums, one they are less expensive two, I had started with Cents a long time ago...

Then I customized to fit what I wanted,,, instead of being locked into a manufactured method. This is a blank page of SBAs that I labeled myself as standard through all my albums. These are in a combined binder holding Ikes and soon, Sacageweas to 2009. I have many combined sets, takes up less territory in binders that way.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2968 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full disclosure, I took the slides off to take the pictures. But I donít really worry about scratching the coins; itís pretty easy to slide them on and off when you get used to it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16685 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you google Coin Albums you would find there are many different manufacturers of them. And in different colors. Some coins look better in some colors. For example a Copper coin gets sort of lost in a tan Dansco where as in a Whitman blue or Littleton Green they stand out better. Telling people that a Dansco looks so much richer and then just hiding it away makes no Cents. Do note that a Dansco Album does not have an easy method to remove the plastic slides where as others have slots at the end of the pages to grab the slides. Do not be afraid of the slides scratching the coins. Normally you do not take them in and out frequently. And note Dansco Albums are normally more expensive.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been using Dansco albums for over 33 years now. No problems, no complaints. Other than the modern coins that came from OGP mint or proof sets, almost everything was either pulled from circulation or bought in mid-circulation grades.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the help! I do admit I like the looks of the Whitman Albums and I didn't even know they existed!
Edited by Krazy Kermit
07/05/2018 4:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neither did I when I moved from Whitman folders to Dansco albums. I often wonder what I would have done differently, given that my grandfather bought my first two Dansco albums for me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a combination of Whitman and Dansco. Personally I like the blue color and block script of the Whitmans better than the brown and cursive of Dansco. Both are solid.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2968 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Whitmans are nice also
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05