Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whole roll of silver dimes found on sidewalk!  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  12:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My step son called me about an hour and a half ago and said that as he was skating downtown he found an entire roll of silver dimes on the sidewalk. Immediately I asked him to bring them to me so I can see what he had found. Well low and behold, 20 Roosevelt dimes 1945-1952 and 30 Mercury dimes 1918-1945. The condition of the Roosevelts range from good to fine and the Mercs also range from good to fine.

I apologize for the lousy pictures! My iPad does not do pics well at all. I'll try to get some pics of individual coins with the microscope tomorrow.

My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
07/05/2018 12:24 am
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1579 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SCORE!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8829 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  01:06 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bluebird of happiness dropped a load your way! Woo-hoo! That's about a 60 buck or more score right there in roll value alone! Just who'd be bump into! Lol...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! He told me that he thought someone's backpack was open because there were a few artical a of clothing, a deck of cards, and some deodorant sprawled about along with the dimes. When he told me that he would take $5 for the roll I handed him $8. Maybe I should of told him how much there really worth. NOT

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  01:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe I should of told him how much there really worth. NOT

It's a learning experience for him, at most.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Split the value with your stepson, since no ID to find the person who lost these.
PCGS submissions 2005-2015. Mailings(20) Orders(41) / 235 coin attempts. 12 Fails(5%) / Member vouchers(17%) Economy(63%) Regular(14%) Free(3%) Express(3%) / Barber 50c (49%) Classic Commemorative (40%) Hawaii(4%) Other(7%)/ Fails: Cleaned(2) Alt surfaces(1) Scratch(1) Damage(1) "86"(3) 2 Columbian & 1 BTW; Min Grade(2) DNC(2)-Same coin NGC XF40 Barber 50c. Express fees paid by seller (cross guarantee). Kept the coin & later submitted raw: PCGS XF40 LOL! Fails: Econ(8) Regular(2) Express(2); ICG: 30/30 NGC: 0 ANACS: 0
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  02:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Split the value with your stepson

I thought about that but considering that he is 28 and owes me several hundred dollars I decided that the $8 I gave him was fair and he still owes me several hundred dollars!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  02:26 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23016 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find,but why would someone have a roll of silver dimes in their backpack? Grandpas' collection?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
07/05/2018 06:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8248 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the right place at the right time .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7148 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:30 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy cow! I'd like to play cards with that dummy who lost his shirt.
You could tell who lost the roll, it's the guy with a bad smell at the table.
W.A.N.S. Pennsylvania - 45th Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show ~ July 28 2018
ALWAYS A great coin show & getting better every year! ANACS will be there for submissions - SEE YOU THERE!
More information http://goccf.com/t/312115
Pillar of the Community
United States
4274 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1930 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Come on, guys:

Have a little sympathy for the poor person who lost them. It may have been a failed robbery for all we know.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have a little sympathy for the poor person who lost them.

Absolutely! And if I was 100% sure of said person I would absolutely return them. perhaps karma paid him back for something bad that he had done and karma paid me for back for something good that I had done! because I'm never bad ya know

Edited by Tootallious
07/05/2018 2:37 pm
Learn More...
United States
58002 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!

Hopefully they were on their way to the bank and you just bypassed the CRH step.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05