Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Copper Pennies I Know Where You Can Find More New Theory

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1572 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2018  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The die that created your coin did not start as a 1943.
Look at my composite pic of my 1943 and your 1944.
The first 194 line up but the loop of the 3 does not come close to your anomaly.
Learn More...
United States
20645 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know where you can find more

Where?
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2018  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add itsonlymoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then would the 1944 pennies with the curve would be consider over date errors?
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2018  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add itsonlymoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I said that some of the 1943 pennies were used but most would of ofcourse be 1942 since those were the last copper pennies minted before the 1944. Most of the curves fit a 2 but some have the two curves of the 3.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1572 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2018  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok , I give.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15470 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2018  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
all they had to do is flatten images and restamp

So what they would have to do is take a 1942 cent which is already the exact size of the hole in the collar, try to force it down into another collar (not an easy thing to do, that's why planchets are slightly smaller than the finished coins, so they will drop into the collar easily.) Then stamp it with blank dies to flatten out the previous details. Push it out of the collar. Force it back down into another collar being careful to keep it lined up exactly with the 1944 dies, and strike it again. Obviously this is not something that can be done by machine, each coin is going to have to be individually worked down into the collars and then struck. Can you really see them doing this?
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add itsonlymoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok say that the mints are perfect and wouldn't find a way to do it
Even though this forum is dedicated specifically to the mistakes that the mints never made public but were found by collectors.
How do you explain the curves on the last 4 on what seems a large amount of the 1944 penny. Most show one top curve that would be the 2 but some show the two humps of the 3.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37924 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2018  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the 1943-S cent, it is a doubled die:
http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...3SDDO001.htm
On the 1944-S it is coin damage on the last 4. They are different year dies.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05