Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1c 1861 Nova Scotia bronze 'reproduction' (counterfeit)

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1422 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  1:03 pm Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. ***

Here is another example of an eBay seller pushing crap. Why eBay chooses to do nothing about removing these sellers is beyond me...

Learn More...
United States
14639 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look into it. Check that seller's items again in a few days.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2102 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why eBay chooses to do nothing about removing these sellers is beyond me

Profit over Principles
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19593 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We get items removed every day, they do act.

All his listings will be gone soon...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/alessandro-pernice/m.html
Learn More...
Canada
8157 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite the detail in that bronze reproduction... they even reproduced the impressive die clashes of the obverse. on the reverse, and the weak strike in the crown in the centre of the reverse.

I have posted the images here, so others can see after the listing is removed.

Pay attention to the die crack on the reverse at 7 o'clock and the scratches on the Queen's jaw and cheekbone on the obverse - I have a feeling we will see this one again...

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
187 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey SPP-Ottawa and everybody, the photo is actually lifted from here,

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1064.html

Click on the photo to enlarge.

Cheers
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2133 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eBay listing admits that the pictures are "generic". So who knows what it would have looked like.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1379 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP held one of these not that long ago. Picture is not the same as the counterfeit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1422 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listing is now gone but there are many others.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14855 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buyer beware!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19593 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on the rest, they may take a day or 2 as they were listed on eBay EU only.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7253 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Working on the rest

This seller has more than one thousand fakes listed for sale.
About fifteen more Canadian and two hundred US coins and commemoratives.
All shipped to you directly from the seller whose name can't be mentioned.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
12/05/2018 7:53 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19593 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah working on those, will take longer because they are EU only. Why can't his name be mentioned? I posted the US link above.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7253 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why can't his name be mentioned?

They are being shipped from China by a seller on the site whose name can't be mentioned.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19593 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh ok, I gotcha. I thought you meant the eBay seller name.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4004 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So if the one on Numista.com is fake way is it still there?
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05