Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 North Dakota State Quarter With Rim Defect Please Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 809Next Topic  

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have got the word just can't say it I'm on some brain tartness please help
Pillar of the Community
United States
2881 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a cud to me, also called a major die break. These are very collectible and somewhat rare, very nice find!

http://cuds-on-coins.com/washington...tate-terr-2/
Learn More...
United States
16103 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes looks like a cud to me. Worthy of keeping this coin in a 2x2. Well done!

Added: can you please post an overall pic of the obv of this coin? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Edited by Spence
02/07/2019 9:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8067 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a cud.

(Is that the word you were thinking of?)
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes thank you cud haha. Yes I will post more pictures now
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a good picture guy but I try. Also I'm still working on my editing skills. More pictures upon request thanks again for the help.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

now I just made this 2cents. My question is, is this ok. The materials I use where the plastic window from a mailing envelope and the cardboard from a notepad backing.
I am new to this but I am familiar with the rule no pvc.

As I'm still new to this aspect of my collecting, and I'm fully open to the positive criticism and hints and tricks.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1573 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheap cardboard may end up toning the coin a golden color, from the sulfur in the cardboard. You might be OK with that, but personally I would go with materials specifically meant for storing coins.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okk thank you. and I did think of that a little bit as the inside is completely covered with the plastic material.
with no cardboard exposed to coin. then I trimmed the edge.

also this is just stapled closed and not sealed.
this leaves me the issue of room air being allowed to enter 2x2.

i did however just order some actual coin holders. But I am very big DIY Macgyver lol and I love knowing hows it's
made, and can I do it better.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sullysullinburg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A CUD, and a nice one at that. How did you come across it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cud happy hunting
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my daughter pick it up off the ground at my house and asked to put in bank.
just stood out to me so I swapped a plain one with her.

but it's really hers as shes enjoys collecting haha.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 95tterbo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more I need another picture, but I need opinions until then 3rd picture down from top.
starting at "I" on in god we trust going left until you hit Washington's hair
looks like another cud or something as I do not see this on other quarters
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 809Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05