Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Item 19xgc - Rocketship 2019

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2019  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Received my rockets yesterday and this is what the box looked like. Took these pics just in case I was going to have to file a claim but thankfully they were ok. There definitely is no QC when it comes to packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4822 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to send in seven of my Rocketship sets for grading.They will get there right before ER cutoff date of April 1st..Kennedy is doing fairly well

MS67PL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-D-Ken...AOSweptckREd

MS68PL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-D-Ken...AOSwu4JckRfx

Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/27/2019 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
I guess 'sell while you can'. A few years from now the $787 coin may only realize $78.70 on the secondary market!
You might as well gamble and buy a few buy-it-nows and send them in in hope of getting a 68.
Gee...
Edited by omxfl
03/27/2019 8:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Definitely didn't see this buzz coming from this set. The Explorer set will have the same half dollar right? Wonder if it'll create the same demand?
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Explorer Set will contain a proof half dollar (S) which - in theory - should be the same as the one issued as part of the proof set on Mar01.

We'll have to wait until May01 for the uncirculated Kennedy half dollars to be released in bags and rolls. Then we'll find out how unique the half dollar in the Rocketship really is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4822 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  08:42 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can save you the wait. There is nothing unique about the Kennedy contained in the Rocketship set (according to NGC). The reason for the prices is that it comes FROM the Rocketship set....

And yes, maybe in the years to come the prices will come down. I remember when this this proof ASE from the Congrats set sold for $1000...now look at it (first one is the PF 70, second is the SAME PF 70 from the set.nothing unique about either coin..both are recent completed sales)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-W-PCG...AOSw-9hcdBf2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Congratula...AOSwiLZcaieD

I should add that that Kennedy that sold for $700+ was one of the first of that grade available for sale. It most definitely will be an outlier and I expect the eventual price to settle in at "only" $250-300

Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So is a 68 the highest for the Kennedy? Any known 69's?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4822 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently saw that PCGS had graded around 35 69's

Edit: 37 MS69PL's
Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/28/2019 2:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4822 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a belief (opinion) vs. fact Rocketship Kennedy shocker (completed sale):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-D-Ken...AOSwY49cm9~t

Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10248 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy smokes.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see PCGS expanding what they'll give PL too
Pillar of the Community
United States
2759 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been busy for a few months and look at what I have missed out.... could have get 2 sets for my 2 little kiddos...
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05