Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two Dollar Rocketship

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I opened up the 2019 product schedule and noticed a "$2 Rocketship" on sale for June 18th. Was this on the schedule for a while? I never noticed it. I guess they are doing the rocketship but instead of coins putting in a crisp 2 dollar bill. I can see this being very popular with kids, and hopefully it gets to kids and not speculators.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
6975 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be just a Rocket shaped holder for a two dollar bill, if it compares to the Rocketship Coin card. Nothing really special in my eyes. Image not yet available, so we will see what they do as the release time gets closer.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was nothing inherently special about the rocketship coin card either, at least there should have been if they really did intend them to go to kids and not to be bought in the 100s by speculators. For kids, at least my 4 and 2 year old, they liked the rocketship with the coins, because my kids love space and also anything that glows in the dark. Slightly older kids might think its cool to see a 2 dollar bill, which they likely never see, stuffed in a glow in the dark rocketship. For the intended audience it might be a pretty cool gift, well, cool is a relative word...not really cool in comparison to video games or anything like that, but I could see it being interesting for a few minutes at least.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's reasonably priced, I'll be in for at least one -- sounds like a good stocking stuffer.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, the product page is updated.

It's priced at $9.95. As anticipated, it's...nothing special. No glow-in-the-dark packaging...only some "mighty minters" in space suits (yawn). There is NOTHING tying this product to the moon landing, and the holder is not even rocket shaped. Lame effort IMO.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/2-rocket...uct-schedule

What's confusing to me is there's a mintage limit of 24k but a product limit of 23k. Thank goodness they put a HHL of 50 on it.

Pass for me. Not even worthy of a stocking stuffer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh brother. Pretty lame.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'v got my calendar marked., but then again, I buy virtually everything the BEP pumps out. I even bought the Rocketship offering the Mint sold out of earlier in the year. I know it's target audience is young collectors, but I think it's cute.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that one, Steve. At least it's shaped like a rocket ship...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least it's shaped like a rocket ship...

Ya think

I Googled cartoon Rocketship, which by the images is what the Mint did...

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pass for me. Not even worthy of a stocking stuffer.
Bummer.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I Googled cartoon Rocketship, which by the images is what the Mint did...

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/347654#2978552

The Kennedy half dollar was a Proof Like coin. Value is worth 4x the price of the Spaceship coin set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6975 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sad, they could have really done something cool with this release too, instead we get a lame card holder with below average clip art graphics on it?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
06/05/2019 4:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed.

The least they could have done is used a STAR note to tie into the space theme....
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The funny thing be about this one is it says, "Discounted to $8.50 each when ordering 50 or more—volume discount applied in shopping cart
Item Number: B15053
Mintage Limit: 24,000
Product Limit: 23,000
Household Order Limit: 50"

Order 50 or more but limited to 50
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even think they could sell these at Chuck E Cheese. Probably the silliest looking product ever produced by a Government agency sold to the public.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05