Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is A 2009 A $100 Bill Sn Lh 00000003 A Worth Anything?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Consider these two notes - identical in every way, from the grade and signatures down to even the block numbers (!) - except for the serial numbers. Which one would you rather have?

I'd take the least expensive one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40378 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The remarkable thing is, the difference in price is not as great as you might think.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add savatreatabvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, had no idea there are 90 other 2009 A 00000003 $100 bills out there. That doesn't make it very rare. I can imagine what a 00000003 star note would be worth?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2019  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stars are included in that total of 91. So it's 90 other 2009A $20 notes, maximum. It's possible some didn't make it out of the BEP and were replaced by stars. It's also possible some have already been in circulation and destroyed (although, as pointed out, it's very common for those to be cherry picked before they make it out into the wild).

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40378 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of these points are accurate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All of these points are accurate.

I also agree, good explanation CK.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it well circulated, still crispy, any tears/stains...maybe some adjectives could be offered until photos can be uploaded.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
2256 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2019  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
maybe some adjectives could be offered until photos can be uploaded.

I viewed photos of the note on pages 1, 2 and 3 of this thread.
Edited by SteveInTampa
08/09/2019 07:06 am
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add savatreatabvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It finally allowed me to upload images.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4588 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still worth several hundred dollars on eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really do not believe this bill was found in the wild, As noted, Between the Federal worker's, the ATM fillers, and the bank's tellers, It usually is NOT found out of a sealed holder graded and up for sale. NICE find, I see people here are on both sides of the fence with the value and rarity. IMO, This bill is rare and should bring in Much more then it's face value, I would not be shocked to hear it sold, on the bay, for well North of a grand........ Thanks for sharing.......
Pillar of the Community
Canada
538 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really do not believe this bill was found in the wild

-that's okay, I get your skepticism but I doubt the OP would make this story up with this low # $100 #3 note. There are many cogent replies from seasoned collectors which suggest that the note will only fetch so much on eBay because of its condition. Most "die-hard" special serial number collectors want UNC or original high grade. It may be hard for some to believe- but I know this to be true.

I once got a 0000002 on a $20 from a Canadian bank after recycling 100 notes (for $2000 in Fifties). I used to do this: searching rare CDN prefixes & I would typically go to the bank (& repeat the procedure many times) for months and not find anything significant. Unfortunately, the banknote I found is not in very good condition (or maybe I should say VG-F if I were to grade it) but still a nice low # for me (at FV) & I didn't have to pay a small fortune for it.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add savatreatabvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree, for this bill to be in circulation is beyond crazy that's why I think it was probably in somebody's collection and they were in a bind so they had to spend it.

This bill getting past bank tellers, ATM techs and federal workers would be a miracle. I am very lucky to have found it and still contemplating what to do with it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
still contemplating what to do with it?

If you decide to sell it (even if not) you are best advised to send it to PMG for grading in order to maximize value. Just don't mess with it before then.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05