Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Yer Encapsulated Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 832Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  12:03 pm Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect coins and old fishing lures. Here is an interesting combo and the first I have ever seen.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7109 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You have to love it when hobbies overlap! I have never seen one before either.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't it be sweet if it was a 1914-D!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or a 1946 Inverted S mint mark would have been nice.
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4373 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2019  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the real question is, Have you used it (at least once) and did it bring you luck with a lunker?
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So the real question is, Have you used it (at least once) and did it bring you luck with a lunker?

Haven't used it. I put it on eBay jest sees what them swabs will bid. So far 99 cents!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
172 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wannabfree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favourite encapsulated coin, and a yard sale find. I have had this 1951 Canadian Quarter for over 50 years and have never used it as a money clip. It commemorates a quarter century of broadcasting for CFRB radio station in Toronto from 1927 to 1952. I would be surprised if they ever thought they would still be around 94 years later, but, if they handed these out in 1953, I would sure like to be around for their offering in 2027. Chances of that are slim & none for me, but that's what dreams are made of.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5669 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have many Encased Coins in my collection, other than a few from Canada. Here's one from 2006, it's a "Creating a Future Without Breast Cancer" commemorative 25-cent piece that is encased/embedded in a bookmark.

I posted about the related silver $5 version of this piece here: 2006 Silver $5 Breast Cancer Awareness.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5669 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wannabfree: Neat piece! Thanks for sharing!

Based on the current condition of the piece, it looks like you've taken good care of it over the many years you've had it!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
172 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wannabfree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's one from 2006, it's a "Creating a Future Without Breast Cancer" commemorative 25-cent piece that is encased/embedded in a bookmark.

Thanks commem.
I was able to grab the bookmark from eBay after seeing your note. I had never seen it before.
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 832Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05
New