Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Future Quarter Programs

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
From CoinWorld article... Are you serious?

"More quarter dollars
Ryder said he has the support of Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin for a multi-year program that would result in the release of 10 different quarter dollars.

Ryder said four quarter dollars, issued one per year for the years 2022 through 2025, would bear reverse designs depicting animals, the top theme suggested by collectors in Mint focus groups and surveys. The 2026 coin would celebrate the 250th anniversary.

Starting in 2027, another four quarter dollars, one annually, would bear designs representing youth sports, the second top design theme suggested. A 10th quarter dollar would reflect either the animals or youth sports theme, Ryder said.

Designs for the successor program for the America the Beautiful Quarters Program would likely be rendered by outside artists, from the bureau's Artistic Infusion Program, in conjunction with the Mint's engraving staff, which will sculpt the designs..."
Pillar of the Community
United States
5162 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:43 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bleh
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The animals I would like, as long as they were not weird looking.

Another page from RCM perhaps? I certainly hope not.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15778 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commemorative quarters issued in huge numbers are still worth collecting at face value.

Why?

It is arguably the best way of introducing kids to coin collecting. That is how I started, way back in (would you believe!) in 1952.
Embarrassing. That's 67 years ago !! Real collection building started 8 years later.

Kids can obtain a huge range of different coins at face value. Cheap for them. Cheap for mom & dad.

Cheap for the U.S. Mint (and therefore the taxpayer), because a profit is made between the manufacturing costs and the face value.
Win, win.
Pillar of the Community
United States
699 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK so amimals? Another bison I would guess? Maybe a bald eagle, an American alligator or crocodile, maybe a mountain lion or a black bear? Something uniquely American..

I like the 250 anniversary... "youth sports" though? Why? Why? Why?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...Will we ever see a design similar to RDV-015 ever again..?

BigKingdom.....How about a Fluffy Kitty Cat...we can have the Canadian Mint design it...
Edited by Greasy Fingers
08/20/2019 01:25 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12387 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"youth sports" though? Why? Why? Why?

Blame the collectors who responded. The youth part is a little weird, if they did a baseball/football/ice hockey/basketball group that would be popular though. The youth part will probably mess up the design some but really how many sports are we even talking about, after the big 4 there's soccer which is marginally popular here and after that you're in small niche sports most people don't care about unless it's the Olympics.

Since it's supposed to be youth I assume NASCAR and auto-racing in general aren't on the table.
Edited by basebal21
08/20/2019 02:12 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15778 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For collector coins not issued for circulation I agree with GrapeCollects:
"Bleh"
Most collector only issues have trivial subjects, and are usually waaay over priced.

If the collector wishes to sell years later, the possibility that a profit can be made, is almost nil.
In these circumstances, the collector often looses.

Best to just be a traditional collector of scarce or rare coins, in the best condition that you can afford.
Pillar of the Community
United States
699 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Baseball21, yeah but "youth sports" what's it gonna be? Teeball, flag football? Then soccer and basketball I guess.

Or baseball, softball, tackle football? I got to wonder how far down this rabbit hole they intend to go. Lol.

They clearly differentiate to "youth sports" so theres that I guess.

I'm not thrilled about it to say the least. Probably just doing it as "youth sports" to avoid any kind of professional organization from suing about something and try to kill all branding.

I dunno.. wait and see I guess.

Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BobK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would find the idea of animals mildly attractive if it weren't for the fact there's a huge number of animal coins already out there in world coinage.

Youth sports, or any sports coinage, does absolutely nothing for me.
Valued Member
United States
446 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An animal? Sure, OK, as long as it's an eagle, and looks like the reverse from 1932 to 1998.
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a novel idea .... .... maybe they could just go back the way things were and stop all these special programs. Special programs aren't "special" if you're always doing them.

(wow ... I sound like a cranky old man)

And stay off my lawn too!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6082 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honesty time: My initial response was, "Oh no! Not more garbabge!"
Then I was sobered by Sel's post:

Quote:
Commemorative quarters issued in huge numbers are still worth collecting at face value.

Why?

It is arguably the best way of introducing kids to coin collecting. That is how I started, way back in (would you believe!) in 1952.
Embarrassing. That's 67 years ago !! Real collection building started 8 years later.

Kids can obtain a huge range of different coins at face value. Cheap for them. Cheap for mom & dad.

Cheap for the U.S. Mint (and therefore the taxpayer), because a profit is made between the manufacturing costs and the face value.
Win, win.

Maybe its the former teacher in me, but I think he makes a great point. I would be for this...although I do not personally like how a new design every time the mint director sneezes has ruined the idea of "special design" as we experienced it in the bicentenial coinage when it was first released.

If it gets kids involved, I feel I stand corrected. Thanks Sel!

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Youth sports aka video games?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1442 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they could improve the aesthetics of the quarters, I would be more inclined to jump on them. The designs are so flat / 2-dimensional that I just can't get motivated.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5498 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be happy with this. I love looking for the State and ATB Quarters when I visit the States, and they are much cheaper to collect at face value than the British commemorative 50p coins, and generally commemorate more sensible things. We've had our fair share of animals lately, of course - Peter Rabbit, Mrs Tittle-Mouse, Tom Kitten, The Gruffalo, the Loch Ness Monster etc...
Edited by NumisRob
08/20/2019 12:38 pm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05