Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Way I Store & Display My Coins.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  1:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rob45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Way I Store & Display My Coins.

In 1984 had my collection stolen (inside job teenage family member). Luckily he sold it to a reputable coin dealer that bought it and then he called me right away the same day. Recovered most of the money when he came home. I had that reputable coin dealer inventory and appraise it. Since then I locked it up.

Now when I open it up I can see all my coins. Works for me.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
6345 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. That's cool!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/359443&whichpage=1
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14581 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is pretty nice and it looks like you have room for storing more rolls on the bottom left of the cabinet.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8402 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! You are super organized. Keep it up and you might start wearing steel toe boots when adding to your collection.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Canada
431 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya need a better locking system.Those apparently are easy to pick or cut off.Nicely laid out in there. Almost had my collection stolen but I had most of it buried under piles of other possessions.I got to it before the thieves came back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3413 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, not to sound like a jerk and I like the display, but I could break into that in 30 seconds using tools in my garage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty cool idea.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3668 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ya need a better locking system.Those apparently are easy to pick.

I have a guilty pleasure hobby of lock picking. Mostly padlocks. Most of the time you get what you pay for. Don't hesitate to stop at a local locksmith and drop some change on a lock that he would recommend.

I like the cabinet. Looks nice and organized.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
12/13/2019 4:37 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18980 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A neighbor had something like that for his Gold coins. His Grand son, also a teenage, easily broke into it and sold off all the Gold coins. My neighbor had him arrested and the kid ended up in jail and now has a prison record. The kid is now in his 30 and can't get a job due to that record and is about to also now loose where he lives. And all due to those simple locks. Of course a little blame is due to parenting too.
Same grand father bought a safe for more coins. Went on vacation and some crooks with a moving van not only took that safe, but most of his furniture too.
I wonder just how many people have had coin collections stolen.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice display!

Sadly I keep all but a few coins in the bank. Back when I was a dealer about 40 years ago everybody knew where I lived so I kept nothing at the house. Been following the same procedure now that I am back into coins. Not much fun having to go to the bank to play with me beauties but I sleeps better.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16349 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent display in a nearly full cabinet.
What plans do you have to expand future storage / display capacity?
Learn More...
United States
81299 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1595 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great display but I'd worry about protection from the environment -- temperature changes and humidity and all that. All the extra protection makes it harder to appreciate what you have, but keeping them looking nice over time has to be worth something.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10223 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Excellent display in a nearly full cabinet.

My sentiments exactly... you're running out of space, man! Crisis!
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rob45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all the replies.

I still have plenty of room to add more in the cabinet.

I have added Proof Sets and have all from 1952-2019 and P&D Mint Sets 1968-2019, so I have the recent modern examples that I wanted.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10223 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was the original purpose of that cabinet?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05