Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Roosevelt Dimes After 2014 ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 451Next Topic  
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
I'm updating my dime collection with a new book that starts with 2000 - 2015. There is plenty of blank inserts after 2015, I'm assuming they are P's and D' to present time and probably S's ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1883 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and silver proofs.
Edited by ratman4762
05/24/2020 6:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin albums such as Dansco and Whitman only project a few years beyond the manufacturing year on modern coin series should a design change occur. Rather than buy new ones every so often most collectors label or write the years/mint marks below the blank holes. Welcome to the forum!
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, yes I will pencil in the current dates with no S's. Just a pocket change collector here and if I get lucky to get a S I'll just put it away : )
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what I was doing, the new book I got a few weeks ago;

The old Dime book 1900 to 2000;

And the other old dime book;

I think I may have sent a duplicate picture ?
Thanks for looking at my pocket change collection of dimes of 50 years.
Ken
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have some beautiful coins...

You may want to consider buying coin albums like Dansco, etc.
These albums have clear slides covering the front and back, that slide over and protect the coins from the air, fingerprints etc...
The paper touching the back of the coins in the push in folders will hurt the coins over time...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3262 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel next year we'll see the West Point issued dimes...
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I feel next year we'll see the West Point issued dimes...
I agree. Well, at least I hope so.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You have some beautiful coins...

You may want to consider buying coin albums like Dansco, etc.
These albums have clear slides covering the front and back, that slide over and protect the coins from the air, fingerprints etc...
The paper touching the back of the coins in the push in folders will hurt the coins over time...

Those are great-looking sets! I would second mtuma's recommendation to store your collection in something other than coin folders. I inherited a number of sets stored in folders like those that were irreparably damaged by the cardboard. As mtuma mentioned, albums are a nice option, as are 2x2s in a 3-ring binder. The latter is cheaper and allows for more customization. Use the CCF search function to look up various storage options and check out the Supplies, Books, Reference, Software, etc forum for more ideas. And lastly, to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3497 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice looking collection of dimes you've got there.

For the Roosevelt's, there's a couple of ways to go. Some only collect the circulation strikes which for quite some time now are only the P and D mints. Proof coins are struck in San Francisco with an S mint and there's been a W used for West Point as well. So you'd want to decide if you are only doing circulation coins (which I think is how your current book is set up) or an extended set. While it's not impossible to find a proof coin in circulation, it's going to be very very rare.
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info guys !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19337 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As already stated, it's best to move your coins from those Folders to Albums. Whitman makes a lot of them too but if you just go to Google and type in Coin Albums, you'll find many other brands.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 451Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05