Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Of My Coins In Ascending Order Of Silver Purity!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 470Next Topic  

Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  08:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ag47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Austria
537 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  08:13 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8838 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would make a great educational exhibit for sure.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3262 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super cool, think I'll put a page in my collection binder like this...Thanks for sharing...
Pillar of the Community
United States
889 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clever way of showing your collection!
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit my eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/numismaticswithkenny - over 1500 numismatic listings!

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

ANA Life Member and District Representative

Twitter - @numismatist2001

Instagram numismatistkenny
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm reminded of an idea I've seen somewhere for a set of coins with all the silver purities in 10% steps - so 10%, 20%, 30%, ..., 90%. (Possibly also a .999 silver coin to represent 100%.)

Some of those are common; others are fairly scarce. Apparently most of the 20% silver coin types, in particular, are scarce to rare. All nine appear to be attested, though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice comparison. This post reminded me of a question I had around the 10% 1957-67 Mexican Pesos. Are they silver plated, or clad (like our 40% Kennedy halves)? Or is the alloy consistent throughout the planchet? Such a low purity but they have a good silver color if not toned ugly brown. I bought a few the other day for under melt at my LCS. Neat coins, and a nice attractive design.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (United Kingdom)
Edited by hcmusicguy
05/26/2020 2:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ariette to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great to see another world silver coin collector on here! I should try this with some stuff from my collection.
Learn More...
United States
16331 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey that's a pretty cool idea @Ag47!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1056 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces9948.html

Here's a 25% I can't think of any 20%ers. That's a very nice set you've got going on there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3477 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poland 5 and 10 groszy coins of 1815-34 were specified at 3 2/18 out of 16, or 19.2%. For anyone who is compiling a collection like this, they are very affordable in average circulated condition (if you can't find 20%):

Edited by tdziemia
05/27/2020 07:50 am
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a 25% I can't think of any 20%ers.
There's a bunch of other options, but by far the easiest one to acquire appears to be the Napoleon I 10 centimes (Numista does not mention the fineness, but it's 20%).
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hcmusicguy, the Mexican Pesos are a normal blended alloy - the ugly tone comes from what the the silver was alloyed with - I have a blast white example with a vein of copper that runs diagonally through the obverse which has toned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 470Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05