Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Way To Go NGC...1913 D Buffalo Nickel

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,254Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1555 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Reached out to them via phone with a follow up email with pics. They are willing to send a shipping label, reslab, and change the label. She did say there would be no reconsideration on the grade unless I was to pay for the service ( which I was expecting).

@Ty2020b, I'd push this issue with them. Since they were wrong on the type, there is a decent argument the "cleaned" designation was also in error. It could be that the "cleaned" coin was an entirely different coin.

Quote:
One of my Anacs slab had a minor issue I contact Anacs and they reslabbed it and graded and slabbed 2 extra coins for free. They also did it less than a week. I would expect the minimum of the same from NGC.

@hfjacinto, I've had some pretty good experiences with ANACS recently. They seem to be stepping up their game. I've really been impressed with their recent grading of classic commems.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1107 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fortcollins, funny you say that, I did respond to the email with that exact question, have not heard back yet. We'll see what happens.

I would agree with both of you on ANACS, should be getting back a submission that was sent just after hfjacinto sent his, should be back soon, but if I recall all the coins correctly, they were graded fairly. I've also talked to them a few times and was very easy and a pleasure to talk with them. Plan on posted a thread as hfjacinto did with his when received.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1107 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2020  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a response back from NGC.

" The type of the coin is a label error, not a grading error. The information on the coin was printed wrong. But you can put a note on the submission asking for a grade review, charges can be applied."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3602 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that is NOT cleaned. Personally, I would not waste my time and money with NGC. Over priced over hyped IMO. If I send anything in to a service, I use ANACS. I would send it in to them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Anacs is following this thread
Pillar of the Community
United States
1107 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto, and with good timing too! I just cracked it out today. Looks like it will be another round to ANACS!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6635 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to see what happens.

Did you save the white hair for inclusion with this new variety?

Seriously, I do wish the companies would take the time to explain what they see when they label something as cleaned. I just do not see it with this nickel.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since ANACS is following this thread and I'm going to get a few Indian Head cents that I want graded, can you ANACS send me a special when I'm ready to send them in (may be December) ;)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1107 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Earle42 unfortunately I couldn't get the hair out fast enough, I guess no discovery variety for me!

I'll start a new thread with results.

Learn More...
United States
90973 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seriously, I do wish the companies would take the time to explain what they see when they label something as cleaned. I just do not see it with this nickel.
It would be educational, for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1494 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The TPGs are famous for giving out free gradings to compensate for errors and issues. It costs them nothing and they get you to come back. Don't expect them to give you any money back.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,254Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05