Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 United States Mint Annual Set Of Uncirculated Coins Goes On Sale On November 30

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 559Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  3:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2020 United States Mint Annual Set Of Uncirculated Coins Goes On Sale On November 30
2020, November 30

US Mint - Premium nickel from the West Point Mint will not be included.

The 2020 United States Mint (Mint) Uncirculated Coin Set® (product code 20RJ) will be available for purchase starting on November 30, at noon (EDT). The set is priced at $25.25. This is the final annual set to be released this year. Due to the effects of COVID-19 at the Mint's manufacturing facilities, this set has a limited production quantity of 213,000. In addition, we are not able to include the premium West Point nickel with an uncirculated finish as previously planned. This change was necessary to free up manufacturing resources for other legislatively-mandated products that will be released for sale in 2020.

The 2020 Uncirculated Set contains two folders with 10 coins each—one with coins from the United States Mint at Philadelphia and the other with coins from the United States Mint at Denver. Each folder has the following uncirculated finish coins:

Five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins honoring the National Park of American Samoa, Weir Farm National Historic Site (Connecticut), Salt River Bay National Historic Forest Ecological Preserve (U.S. Virgin Islands), Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park (Vermont), and Tall Grass National Prairie (Kansas).

One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse design depicting Elizabeth Peratrovich, whose advocacy was considered a deciding factor in the passage of the 1945 Anti-Discrimination Law in the Alaskan Territorial Government. The foreground features a symbol of the Tlingit Raven moiety, of which she was a member. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" along the top border, "ELIZABETH PERATROVICH" across from the portrait, and "ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAW OF 1945" and "$1" along the bottom border. The obverse design (heads) retains the central figure Sacagawea carrying her infant son, Jean Baptiste. Inscriptions are "LIBERTY" and "IN GOD WE TRUST."

One Kennedy half dollar

One Roosevelt dime

One Jefferson nickel

One Lincoln penny

The Mint strikes its uncirculated coins on dedicated presses that use greater force than those used to produce circulating coins. This technique results in a sharp, intricately detailed image. A blister secures the coins in a folder.
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In addition, we are not able to include the premium West Point nickel with an uncirculated finish as previously planned. This change was necessary to free up manufacturing resources for other legislatively-mandated products that will be released for sale in 2020.
That stinks!

The only reason why I was getting the mint set was to get the nickel. I supposed I will go back to getting the circulating quarters set to fill those ATB holes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9044 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that does stink. I think it's a lame excuse but now I at least can say I have all the 2020 Jeffersons.
I would hope there isn't a handful of these snuck into mint bags like they did the quarters.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...but now I at least can say I have all the 2020 Jeffersons.

Quote:
I would hope there isn't a handful of these snuck into mint bags like they did the quarters.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5547 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that item just got scratched off my Christmas list!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5547 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This change was necessary to free up manufacturing resources for other legislatively-mandated products that will be released for sale in 2020.

Should read ... " This change was necessary to free up manufacturing resources for other legislatively-mandated higher profit products that will be released for sale in 2020."
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Check coincollector123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I was excited to get this but with this change I am probably not going to get it. But with this news it might be a really low mintage level for the mint set.
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Should read ... " This change was necessary to free up manufacturing resources for other legislatively-mandated higher profit products that will be released for sale in 2020."

I still might get the set...

I just realized I have no other circulation coins for my albums. No cents, nickels, or dimes. I usually have all the Philly by now and would expect to get the Denver from my west coast kin.

Also, I have no idean when I can get to the a coin show to buy the 2020 P&D Kennedy halves from my usual source.
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be worth fighting for at noon EST. Lowest mintage since 1960 and no HH limit
Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope my enrollment holds. I was going to turn it off, but backed away from the setting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2456 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2020  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stupid COVID!
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many of these sets do they typically sell? Will 213000 be much lower than typical demand?
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without the W nickel, a good comparison may be the 2018, which had a production of roughly 260k sets. That one had the same face value in coins, cost $5 less, and was available for sale for nearly 2 years.

Additionally there's the enhanced uncirculated 2017 s set, which I enjoy a lot, but like the mint sets, is just shiny pocket change. They made 225k of those, it has the same face value, and those only sell for $20 on ebay now despite the fancy finish.

The 2020 mint set probably won't be a winner, but may be unavailable a few days after release until people return sets realizing they can't make money on the secondary market.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 559Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05