Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 American Innovation $1 Coin Proof Set On Sale On October 8

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,031Next Topic
Page: of 2
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2020 American Innovation $1 Coin Proof Set On Sale On October 8
2020, October 8

US Mint - The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the 2020 American Innovation™ $1 Coin Proof Set (product code 20GA) on October 8 at noon EDT. The set is priced at $24.00.

The American Innovation™ $1 Coin Program is a multi-year series featuring distinctive reverse (tails) designs that pay homage to America's ingenuity and celebrate the pioneering efforts of individuals or groups from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories. The 2020 American Innovation $1 Coin Proof Set contains coins that recognize innovations or innovators from the following states:

American Innovation - Connecticut
The Connecticut $1 Coin recognizes the Gerber Variable Scale. The design depicts the scale being used to increase a geometric shape by 200 percent, a shape that resembles the state of Connecticut. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "GERBER VARIABLE SCALE," and "CONNECTICUT."

American Innovation - Massachusetts
The Massachusetts $1 Coin recognizes the invention of the telephone. The design depicts the dial of an early rotary telephone. Inscriptions are "MASSACHUSETTS," "TELE-PHONE," and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

American Innovation - Maryland
The Maryland $1 Coin recognizes the Hubble Space Telescope. The design depicts the telescope orbiting the earth surrounded by a field of stars. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "THE HUBBLE SPACE TELESCOPE," and "MARYLAND."

American Innovation - South Carolina
The South Carolina $1 Coin recognizes educator and civil rights activist Septima Poinsette Clark. The design depicts Ms. Clark marching with three young African American students who carry books and an American flag, representing that education and literacy among oppressed people are necessary for empowerment and enjoyment of civil rights. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "SEPTIMA CLARK," and "SOUTH CAROLINA."

Coins in the 2020 American Innovation $1 Coin Proof Set feature a common obverse (heads) design that depicts a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "$1." The obverse also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation. The inscriptions "2020," "S" mint mark, and "E PLURIBUS UNUM" are incused on the coins' edge.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too. And it's shipping USPS
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out for Delivery!!
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine too. I really like the telescope and rotary phone.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked closer at my set and some coins seem to have smudges on the obverse and dark marks on the edges, but I suppose you can't really tell for sure unless you remove from the lens which I am not willing to do.

So, what does everyone else thing about the quality of their sets?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine and it's in the album. I really like CT, MA and MD.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they release the coins earlier next year. We still have 12 more years to complete the set.
Edited by hfjacinto
10/13/2020 4:24 pm
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got mine too. I really like the telescope and rotary phone.
The rotary phone is by far my favourite of the set.

Quote:
I got mine and it's in the album. I really like CT, MA and MD.
Looking good!

Quote:
I hope they release the coins earlier next year. We still have 12 more years to complete the set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10715 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was supposed to have mine 3 days ago, but even though USPS says it was delievered, no package yet.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was supposed to have mine 3 days ago, but even though USPS says it was delievered, no package yet.
Oh no!

I guess now you have to deal with customer service at the mint, post office, or both.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have ordered this set as I did the previous year. I also purchase the reverse proof coins from the mint. The uncirculated coins I obtain from an e-Bay seller. This series may very well outlive me.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,031Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05