Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1795 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar, 2 Leaves (PCGS Vs. You)

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,709Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1009 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea but ill guess 50
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Valued Member
Australia
384 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2689 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess xf45 also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5624 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Significant circulation wear on both sides. Seems like it's actually a good strike for the issue and detail loss is mostly due to wear. Nice original surfaces and excellent eye appeal. Wish it were in my collection!
First thought was XF-40, solid for the grade.
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam590 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is 46 hours after I created this thread. Please forgive my zealousness in skipping the final two hours!

It seems that the majority of you experienced collectors/numismatists thought this may grade at least one grade higher. Do you think this coin should be CACed?

Pillar of the Community
United States
8356 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would think it's worthy of a CAC shot at least. It's a nice looking example and to me quite original.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2965 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great looking example. Problem free and original, solid for the grade.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1585 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have agreed with EF40 as well. Nicely toned and the obverse in particular is well struck and well detailed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3122 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send to CAC.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10555 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think its better than XF40. I would consider beaning it.
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam590 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw this EF(45) specimen on David Lawrence's website. The hair on the top of the head looks a little better, but the cheek looks worse, as does the hair in the middle to lower areas. Is this one really one grade higher than mine?

Pillar of the Community
United States
8356 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adam your coin is so much nicer than the DLRC example, especially that reverse which appears to have signs of old corrosion beginning again. I'd rather have your XF40 over that XF45 any day.

Buy the coin not the holder, even the best get them wrong often enough, and remember it's only an opinion in the long run, an educated guess if you will.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60887 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer yours as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2965 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd pick yours first any day. More consistent surfaces and color, far better eye appeal on yours. You chose well!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4360 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 seems right. It has some very noticeable wear but is a tremendous example.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,709Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05