Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 24 Coin Collection So Far

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,562Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
36 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  12:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I posted in another thread and had a questions on my collection. I didn't want to highjack the other thread so I'm starting this one.
I have relegated myself to only collecting key/semi key, variety/error coins. I try and stay away from common as I feel I can always get them later quite easily.
It's a slow process and I'll probably only add one, 2 coins at the most the rest of the year. I try and decide what I want next and start saving. It's hard sometimes as I'm always looking at coins, but for the most part I've stuck to my plan.
Anyway, here is my small 24 coin collection. Should be hopefully 25/26 by the end of the year.

Lincoln Cents
1909 S V.D.B. VF
1922 No D Strong Rev. Fine
1955 Doubled Die Obv AU
1972 Doubled Die Obv AU

Shield nickels
1879 VG

Buffalo nickels
1913 S Type 2 F15
1916 Doubled Die VF30 ED
1918/7 D Fine
1921 Doubled Die Obv XF
1921 S XF45
1924 S VF30
1926 D XF45
1935 Doubled Die Rev XF
1936 10% Off Center VF
1937 D 3 Legged XF
Double struck in collar. No date.

Mercury dimes
1916 D G6
1921 D VF

Barber quarters
1913 S AG3

Standing Liberty quarters
1921 F15

Draped Bust Half Dollar
1807 VG

Walking Liberty half dollar
1921 D F15

Morgan dollars
1893 S G6

$10 Liberty Gold
1891 CC AU
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3552 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have photos of this coins? We would love to see them
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! What would you want to get next?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15982 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive collection of Key dates .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have photos. Let me know if any in particular you would like to see.
As for my next coin. I haven't decided, I just picked up the 1916 doubled die buffalo. My biggest expense coin so far. Maybe and Indian cent or Washington quarter as I have neither.

Edited by Tonyqt
07/28/2021 1:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1720 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfransch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great way to collect. The common dates will always be common
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection!

Quote:
I do have photos. Let me know if any in particular you would like to see.
All them.

You can post one a day if you like. Give us something to enjoy on the regular.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
411 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, and sure makes for a more challenging hunt! A couple years ago I started adding sub-types, missing keys/semi-keys and major varieties to my U.S. type set, as well as examples from each mint. No error coins, however (yet). Often times, I'm able to kill two birds with one stone - for example, I needed a D-mint example for the LWC 1909-1917 "no initials" sub-type, and added the 1914-D. Likewise, I needed an S-mint example for the LWC 1918-1958 "obverse VDB" sub-type, and filled that hole with the 1931-S.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3552 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All them.
But one at a time please
Pillar of the Community
United States
2702 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would add the caveat of buying expensive key date coins is overpaying for them because of them being key. All of my losses being a coin collector were caused by paying too much for these types of coins when I was a newbie. Someday if you decide to sell them because you are upgrading or just grown tired of them you might find it an expensive lesson in buying and selling coins.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jerryc39. Point well taken. I don't plan to sell anytime and my wife and daughter know all about my collection and where to find the paperwork on all of them (price paid). I try to find either under graded or ones that just miss the next grade. Also I have a few "problem" coins that I got at least 2 grades lower in price. I understand when sold I shouldn't expect full price either.
As an example and since people wanted pictures. Here is an 1918/7 D Buffalo nickel Graded F12 from PCGS that I picked up for under Fine money. Every dealer I have shown it to says F15 to VF20 because of the almost full horn. There is a nice jump to F15 and VF20.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2702 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you can find nice examples at less than full retail prices you should do ok. Nice nickel!
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As an example and since people wanted pictures. Here is an 1918/7 D Buffalo nickel Graded F12 from PCGS...
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61662 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By all means, please show as many of these as you can in separate threads!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9999 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite on your list might be 1955 Doubled Die Obv AU.
Nice collection.
Unlike me, you can pick up your coins and go with them easily.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20414 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears you only want the more expensive coins out there. Nice going.
just carl
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,562Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05