Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 Lincoln Error? Please Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 292Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
59 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Fistcha to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Myself and a couple of coin collecting friend think we see a doubling on the face and body somehow? Can anyone else see this and what exactly happened to this coin? Is it an error coin? Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by Fistcha
08/01/2021 11:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You went a little overboard on the blurry pics. What we need is 2 or so clear pics. I don't see anything but a badly damaged 1944 wheat that would most definitely get a details grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4138 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is a damaged cent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11598 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but no errors.
There is nothing on that coin that can't be attributed to some sort of damage.
Learn More...
United States
20557 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree--heavily damaged plus surface staining.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5304 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A well-circulated '44 Wheat cent with a rash of linear gouges and scrapes--all post strike damage. Know that some of your many photos are sharp and quite useful.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As others have said, clear pics are very helpful. See if this is what you are talking about though. I cannot get the direct link to work but when it takes you to Error-Ref link, there is another link that says "HERE" in blue, to take you to reduction lathe doubling on doubleddie.com. LINK http://www.error-ref.com/reduction-...e-doubling/)

If so, this is normal, nothing special.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
08/02/2021 08:05 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53364 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just one line on a coin like those on your coin, makes this a cull coin. Just a damaged coin, not a mint error.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
6810 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the above. Just post mint damage ( PMD). I also agree, way too many phots, when one or two will do.
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05