Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932 D Wheat Cent Mint Mark Help?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 378Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  06:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zander2014 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning community. Can someone tell me why the d looks. The way it does. I even see extra metal coming out from under it . just looking for some wisdom is all.

Learn More...
United States
20829 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@zan, just as with the B in LIBERTY, there may be some circulation damage on the mintmark; however, it looks to me as if the post in the center of the letter D was partially broken when the die was used to strike this coin. In other words, the letter D started out most of the way filled in.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5544 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice '32 D. I agree, looks the the 'post' may be a partial break. Add some circulation flattening (on the pronounced mint mark), which helps create a 'mushed' look.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53876 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like circulation flattening has altered those areas of the coin. Still would be a nice coin for a hole filler in an album to a new collector?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we get a close-up of the MM?
Edited by Coinfrog
09/23/2021 09:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also agree it looks like circulation hits with the current picture.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zander2014 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good afternoon. This is the closeup pick request of the post earlier.
Learn More...
United States
20829 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@zan, best practice is to only start one thread for each coin so I have merged your new thread with the old one. Not a big deal to be sure though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a hit to me.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zander2014 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for moving picture for me. And good morning. I was wondering what it means to have circulation hit. Is this a good find. My son been seeing all kinds of stuff. I must be blind. Lol. Can you explain how or send info why it looks like that
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53876 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note that the mint mark is not showing a double punch by the punch, but a damaged area on the area you are looking at.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 378Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05