Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 D Jefferson Nickel Never Seen Die Deteration Like This. Could It Be More?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 202Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
420 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  11:54 am Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am still busy learning everything. Does this look like more then DD? Thank you.

Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, nickel dies were often overworked during that period
Valued Member
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is actually one cool looking Nickel but not an error. I too have found several of these same looking Nickels in the past. Keep in mind that the metal composition of a Nickel is much harder than say that of a Copper Lincoln Cent. Therefore the dies took much more of a beating as they struck this harder metal. Whether as said above that the dies were overworked (which I tend to also agree) or it is the mere fact of quicker die wear due to the harder Nickel metal, Nickels are very often found with some funky looking stuff like yours.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4218 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I thought DD and yes, it is cool DD then.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5925 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die Deterioration with a vengeance. Nice example.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54638 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like several this year have been posted here.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
84 must have been especially bad. Thanks for the extra pics Coop. I just never saw die wear as nice and clean as my 84. LOL
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's unique
Pillar of the Community
United States
7563 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a doubled die, just to be clear. Some new people see "DD" and think " doubled die" which this is not. This is a die slowly breaking down. Die Deterioration as ijn1944 stated above.
ça va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 202Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: