Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957-D BIE A Couple Questions

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 577Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
646 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I think I may have asked this before, but how big must the chip be to be classified as a BIE? Second, are these Bie's cataloged like the RPM's are? Just wondering, I don't have every book on the subject. Tere are some eagle eyed people on the forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2283 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO it is a Bie. To big to be put on Dir break.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's a BIE. A BIE is a BIE, big or small. You really should get THE book.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2283 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Merc!!! I just say to put a barrier between, like error.com say
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67600 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice BIE, reverse holds the grade down. Very common in MS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8047 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was always under the impression if there is a die chip there then its a BIE. I see it more as a way of noting the presence of a die chip rather than actually having to actually look like an I is there.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2283 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are right Earle. Two different thing very close to mixt-up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5170 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cuds-on-coins.com have the listings of reported bie's
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4414 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not really the size of the thing, but just being located on LIBERTY and meeting a minimum other criteria. Lots of "BIE" coins do not even have the break between the B and the E, let alone look like an I. It is a convenient catch-all term and not meant to be taken literally. And yes, I have the BIE Handbook (that really is what it's called) and there are gobs and gobs of these things recorded and numbered. But honestly I just use cuds-on-coins.com to attribute them and if it isn't on there I submit it for a new listing even if it's in the old book. The more that in the online catalog, which is fully cross-referenced to the books, the easier it is for everyone to figure out what they've got.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2283 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TROP
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1001 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've posted before that in the 60s and 70s there use to be a national BIE club.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44602 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What TB said
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2911 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice pictures
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, it's a BIE. A BIE is a BIE, big or small. You really should get THE book.

You are always tough on me. I find a coin not quite right, I post a picture. The forum is a virtual library, there are very knowledgeable cats out there. I always appreciate your opinion or thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2938 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And for those not familiar with the site or without a book on BIE's:
cuds-on-coins - Lincoln cent BIE's http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cent-bies/

Pretty detailed info that takes some time to take it all in.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 577Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: