Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Did I Get A Good Price On This Rare Washington Quarter Lot?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 439Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  8:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, got this lot for an astonishing deal at my LCS mixed in with junk silver/wheaties. What do you think they are worth and what should I get graded? Thanks.

Learn More...
United States
23198 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@skel, is that a '32-D or '32-S? Maybe give us a nice closeup pic of that coin? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if you got a good deal or not as you did not include your purchase price for this lot.
your 1932 (D-S?) quarter is a low mintage coin and depending on condition, could bring in a nice premium
Edited by Dearborn
05/13/2022 9:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a 32-d. You can see some luster in person.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
odd toning on the 32, or is it corrosion or dirt on it? Silver tarnish is usually much blacker than what we see here. I wonder if it took an over night bath in acetone to remove some of the dirt or gunk. If you do use acetone - DO NOT USE nail polish remover, as it has impurities in it that can damage a coin. Use pure acetone you can get from the hardware store.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67600 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please tell us the price paid. MM on '32-D looks a bit suspicious.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/13/2022 10:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid about 25$ for everything in the pic. It was part of a larger lot though, this was just the best stuff.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7713 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that is a genuine 1932-D Washington quarter then yes you did very well. The mintmark with that dark halo looks very suspicious as a possible added mm.

Silver melt value for the 4 quarters is $15.30, add a bit more for the wheat and Buffalo and the lot (assuming the 32-D is not a genuine mm) is valued somewhere about $16.

I recommend focusing on determining the authenticity of the supposed 1932-D quarter.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with others.
The 32D mint mark does look suspicious.
The 32 D and S quarters are often Counterfeited.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17187 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, makes you wonder why the MM is the only thing surrounded with that dark spot .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems too good to be true on the 1932-D. Looks like the mintmark was added. Sending it to a TPG would clear up any confusion, but you might be out the grading fee if it turns out to be counterfeit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8017 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That D does look rather odd.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1514 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a crazy good price for these coins. Can't get any better than these junk silver finds!! Nice work, it never hurts to peek at those junk bins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67600 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The D mintmark doesn't even seem to be the same color as the rest of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3866 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like a LCS should know coins well enough to know that the 32-D is a valuable coin. The fact that this lot was priced so low tells me that they think it's probably not real.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree the 1932 D does look odd, The 1934 appears to have a D mintmark as well which is a decent coin in high grade & if the 1940 has a d mintmark its pretty decent. The Wheat cent is nice and appears to be a 1909. The buffalo is decent looking & the standing appears to be average. So I would say a solid pickup for $25.
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 439Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: