Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995-P Roosevelt Dime With Rim Anomaly.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 724Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I pulled this dime straight out of a mint set and noticed an interesting anomaly on the rim. It's obviously not PMD so what do you think might have caused it?

Learn More...
United States
24247 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm that isn't a rim clash I think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45827 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If those came in a cello wrapped set, it looks like a cello sealing machine damaged coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15821 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has to be PMD of some sort.
That couldn't happen during the striking of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was from a 2nd Gen mint set released in 1995. Wasn't in cello but a hard molded plastic coin sleeve glued into a card stock folder like display.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like this..

Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That couldn't happen during the striking of the coin.

The only possibility that comes to my mind is that a feeder finger could've almost cleared the striking chamber but the dies caught just the smallest corner of it..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Probably best to leave them in the cello. Out of the cello, they are just damaged coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's great info Coop.but as I mentioned, the 1995 Mint Sets came in two different packaging styles, the normal cello envelope packs and a heavy card stock folder with the coins encapsulated in a pre molded hard plastic shell glued between the card stock and then slid into a slipcover.
I understand how the sealing machine for the cello packs could damage coins but these other mint set coins are slid into their proper spots and then the plastic shell is glued between the heavy card stock to make the folder.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10440 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was it repackaged by a non-gov't company, pulled from the mint-issues cello packs?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10440 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it repackaged by a non-gov't company, pulled from the mint-issues cello packs?

To be honest, that is what I'm thinking too but can't find anything stating otherwise.
a google search of other sets like are indicating mint issue with no other name on it (that I can find)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what year of the current coins were mint sets harder to get? (Hidden answer to this question in the blank space between the two visible posts.)
On the 1982 and 1983 mint sets, you have to order/go the the mints to get there sets. They were not sold as a pair of sets. So if you didn't have these sets to get as a purchase easily, the BU coins from those years are more desirable for collectors that buy mint sets to fill out their collections. So the Quarters/halves in the higher grades those years are still in demand. So hang on to these for future sales. A lot of collectors don't know this, so snag the best ones for future sales.
Hidden message above. Highlight that area to see the answer to this question?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JDRMCB Does that packaging have U.S. mint on it anywhere? Everything from the mint will have U.S. mint printed on it. I can't see it on that one. So that probably means it's a second party product. Then it could have been from the crimping machine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
JDRMCB Does that packaging have U.S. mint on it anywhere?

Yes, here are the pics that will complete the view of the mint set packaging.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 724Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: