Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2023 Morgan Peace Dollars Enrollments Online!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 79 / Views: 6,528Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community

United States
591 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  10:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just noticed US Mint posted early enrollments for the 2023 Morgan and Peace dollars, uncirculated 275K, proof 400K and reverse proof 250K. Limit 3. I ordered some. I wonder how fast they will go.
Edited by livingwater
07/08/2022 10:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads-up! I went in and enrolled, too. I expect a huge bill next year...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy how early the enrollments are. Some won't like a continuation of these, but I'm looking forward to the proofs and the reverse proofs. Really like reverse proofs and these have a lower mintage.
Edited by livingwater
07/08/2022 10:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5376 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I enrolled also. I put in 1 of each.
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received some mail from the Mint today that had a QR code to enroll and put in orders for 1 of the uncirculated coins and 2 of all others. Where do you go on the website to see things like the limits (household and production) that were posted above? Can you also see how much availability is currently left? Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5376 Posts
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hfjacinto. I think it must have been the mobile version of the website that didn't show me that info when I just scanned the QR code. 1.85 million of total Morgans and Peace dollars minted for '23 is a good bit more than '21. I'm guessing that will help keep the value intact on the '21s or at the very least the '21s that aren't P or S. Anybody else have thoughts on this matter?
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I signed up for the reverse proofs and the uncirculated Peace dollar (because I missed that one last year). I thought about it and ultimately decided I didn't need more Morgans or the regular proofs. Maybe I'll regret it later, but the mint charges so much for these that I just couldn't justify buying a pile of them to sit in the closet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5376 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1.85 million of total Morgans and Peace dollars minted for '23 is a good bit more than '21. I'm guessing that will help keep the value intact on the '21s or at the very least the '21s that aren't P or S. Anybody else have thoughts on this matter?

I noticed that also. 1.85 million is a lot hence why I only ordered 1 of each. But future value? I've had this conversation with my local coin shop and his feelings are that ~1,075,000 were made and there will be 1,060,000 always available, its not like these were spent.
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rick-99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a lot of coins.
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Got my enrollment in. That will be an expensive month
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've put in for both uncirculated coins, the individual proof coins and the reverse proof coins. That is a one day record for enrollments.

I also added the three American Silver Eagles to enrollments, as these became available again.

Enrollments for eight coins in one day, a personal record I hope is never broken.
Edited by Erscolo
07/08/2022 3:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I put in 3 for each and will probably reduce to 1 after I see what kind of market these will have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintages are higher. I ordered three each anyway in case some are a little damaged. If so, I'll pick the best ones and return some or sell to LCS or coin show. Break even would be fine with me. I assume they won't appreciate in value a lot, just my opinion. I still want them. I don't plan to have them graded.
Edited by livingwater
07/08/2022 4:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6548 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THAT was a curve ball I wasn't expecting today!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 2 of each. The reverse proofs should look awesome.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 79 / Views: 6,528Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: