Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Lincoln Cent With Rim To Rim Die Crack And More

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 802Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  05:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinutt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have more pictures that I will add. I was just so excited to share this find that I couldn't wait. Didn't find it coin roll hunting. Found it in change a customer gave me. Should I send it off to get graded? I feel like this is one I should. I saw Heritage sold one in July for a pretty penny (pun intended).
Edited by Coinutt
10/05/2022 05:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8537 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

That is an awesome looking die crack. We'll need better photos to judge the surface conditions in order to offer grade opinions.

Send it to a TPG for grading and encapsulation? You are looking at somewhere in the $50 range if you already have a membership. Be sure your coin is worth more than that before you make that move.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3475 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Rim to rim die crack in hihg AU with only the slightest wear on the high points of the bust.
I agree with NickelSearcher but with an ANACS special deal, it would only be about $25-$30 which would include postage. Still a lot of $.

This is an error that is so easy to see & IMHO I don't think encapsulation is necessary.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73532 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10014 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent die crack. I'm assuming the linear feature is raised.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2495 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find!
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20370 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also assuming that the linear feature is raised.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12310 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118500 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60422 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. I would like to see another shot (or two) that would show the raised die cracks for my educational files. (Most of the times, these are coin scratches, but because the die crack is raised, and the Line is irregular, it will be a nice example for a few more images for my files. This one will have a nice premium for these.

Note that the die crack ends at the rim? (Not seen on the rim) Often the examples we see on a coin scratch, will show on the rim being affected. The rim on a die crack should not show this area affected. The gutter, should not form a cracked area there.

CoopHome: Should a die crack affect the rim on a coin on a cracked die? no. The step down on the gutter should not show a die crack. (coin scratches will show that area affected, with in incuse line)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/05/2022 10:36 am
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinutt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, linear feature is raised. I'm going to add more pics tonight. Sounds like maybe I should go thru ANACS. I work 3rd shift at a truck stop. My boss doesn't mind me looking thru money at night. I didn't even need my loop to see this puppy.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinutt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have a question. I had to lower the resolution of this pic to be able to post it. My orgional picture couldn't be clearer, but, after reducing res on here, it no longer is clear. Any suggestions? I'm also more than happy to email pics with higher resolution.
Edited by Coinutt
10/05/2022 7:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2495 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was taught that taking a screenshot and then down sizing it and then making it a jpeg file, will help.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2196 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF Not quite sure it's a die crack. Looks like a scratch. A scratch would be both raised and a trough. Even if it was a die crack, in my opinion it wouldn't be worth the money to slab.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinutt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are several more images. I took several more. Didn't realize the difficulty in trying to keep it in the 300kb. I will post the rest hopefully by tonight.

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinutt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 802Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: