Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: Which Do You All Prefer

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,364Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  09:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Raiden to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Which?

Poll Choices
 Nickels
 Dimes
 Quarters
 Pennies
  Dollar Coins
  Half Dollar Coins

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I started with pennies 59 years ago and I'm still into them but throughout the years have branched out to other denominations . Still Lincoln cents are my main priority .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2561 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:27 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Half dollars... bust halves bust halves bust halves!
Learn More...
United States
120678 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dollars. Ikes. Which are "classic" only in my own head.
Pillar of the Community
United States
738 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:57 am  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i like large cents. early american one cent coins were about the size of a half dollar. I collect the ones from 1793 to 1839. I have somewhere in the range of 800 of them. they made the big ones till 1857 but I dont find the later coins as interesting as the early ones. I'm focusing on the coins from the 1700s right now.

here is one I like a lot

I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Yes he's a legend in his own mind !
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey, it was 50 years ago so we'll give you an exception.
My current collecting is very specific - transition varieties of Barber dimes and quarters. I picked dimes because I have more of them.
Learn More...
United States
120678 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many Half Dollars to collect
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bikergeek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heyy.... where are the half dimes in the poll?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10632 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cents primarily for me, then everything else--including world/foreign.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, what about Half Cents, Two Cent Pieces, Three Cent pieces, gold denominations and commemoratives?
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where's colonials? Way more interesting to me than the modern stuff.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1239 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect a bit of everything, but my favorite is Morgan dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9187 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm holding my vote for Two Cent Pieces as everyone here knows that about me, also US numismatic literature and Colonial coinage.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
26116 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where's colonials?

Yes!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,364Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: