Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dansco Albums: Are They Safe For Coins?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some of the Dansco and Whitman albums and both types have RBU cents BU silver and they all look good for the age. 1960`s era.

The push in of both are bad. My Canadian steel nickels started to rust. and cents change also

Get the Best of any album for your nicer coins, they are worth the money
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Earle42. I now use CAPS Albums and the Capsules. Very nice and safe for coins.
Edited by Ham1947
07/25/2017 07:29 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the Dansco Album Store
danscoalbumstore.com

Dansco Slipcases or Slipcovers are used to limit air movement around your coins. Your Dansco albums slide into these so that the binder's spine is still exposed so you can read the album's gold leaf title and album number. The Dansco Archival Quality Slipcases are produced with Silver-Guard Corrosion-Inhibiting protection. No other product on the market matches Silver-Guard Corrosion-Inhabiting protection. This Military Specification material permanently neutralizes corrosive gases in the air that can cause toning and discoloration. This works with silver, gold copper, and nickel coins and metals, medallions, bars, and ferrous metals. Dansco Coin Albums have always been made with the best archival materials and with the addition of the finely crafted slipcase the protection is invaluable. See our Size Guide for more info.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Learn More...
United States
79092 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For what it is worth, 999fine posted that on the previous page.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add histman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've used them for several years and I really like the Dansco. I'd go with the capsules if they were part of the album when purchased. Otherwise, the cost of each capsule prohibits me from doing it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As others have posted and I did on this same post years ago ..

I like Dansco. My Lincoln cents have been in Dansco for
over 30 years.
Some highlights ..

Pillar of the Community
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  09:02 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy guacamole!
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4513 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GR58- Thanks for ruining my day! I'm not worthy!

Show us the first page of that Washington Dansco.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa! Your collection never ceases to amaze me GR!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now, that's what coin collecting is all about.
Slabs?
Slabs!
We don't need no stinking slabs!!
Coins were meant to be spent.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive never seen anyone with a filled in Gold page add on to the 7070... all of them are WoW!!
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful collection!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GR58....WOW

I wanna be you when I grow up.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all ...

Was just trying to show .. that I think ... you can put better coins in
Dansco albums and not worry ...

Of course they must be stored properly.
Learn More...
United States
79092 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05