Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1870 Indian Head Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,482Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
supgog's Avatar
Israel
2420 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  12:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add supgog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Together with all the Morgans I've purchased, I bought an upgrade for my 1870 cent.

It still isn't problem free, but for 44$ I thought it was a fair deal, and the cool axe really adds up character IMO.


How'd you grade it?



Thanks for looking .

1870-Indian-Head-Cent

1870-Indian-Head-Cent
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  01:23 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG8 details.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
beaglebailey's Avatar
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beaglebailey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo is blurry but I agree with VG 8 details. Wasn't there an indian chief by the name of 'Scarface'? This could be him.
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd give it F-12

Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YoshiRules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I originally thought why in the world you would pay for an IHC for $44, but then I looked up that fewer were made. With that being the case, I think you did fine.

I've never seen a coin with a scratch that actually made it look "better". Maybe that is why you got it cheap.
Pillar of the Community
jpbone's Avatar
United States
1959 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"I originally thought why in the world you would pay for an IHC for $44, but then I looked up that fewer were made. With that being the case, I think you did fine."


I wish $44 was the most I had ever paid for an IHC. I love IHC's. Especially the 60's and 70's. My hoarding problem really kicks in with these little boogers.

The dings on the face really hurt the value but it is still a nice coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Joseph7420's Avatar
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10.
Pillar of the Community
supgog's Avatar
Israel
2420 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add supgog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm kinda surprised no one has related to the nice pick axe this cent has .



1870-Indian-Head-Cent
Valued Member
paddy murphy's Avatar
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paddy murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG details....Not enough liberty for anything higher than VG & details for the face and that thing on the neck...

But it's a 1870 so $44 = I like it!!
Edited by paddy murphy
10/04/2013 10:48 am
Valued Member
morgandude's Avatar
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-08
Pillar of the Community
jpbone's Avatar
United States
1959 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, is the pick ax a variety, flaw, or unique PMD?

Ok, so, I just looked at mine and apparently it is a pick ax variety also. I answered my own question. Interesting. Does this variety carry a premium?
Edited by jpbone
10/04/2013 1:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vg details as well
Pillar of the Community
supgog's Avatar
Israel
2420 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add supgog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I read, these usually carry 10-20% premium, I was willing to pay a bit more just cause it looked cool.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1870 is a better date in the series.
@ $44, you did fine ;-)
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
D0ubl3Eagle's Avatar
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2013  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG details
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,482Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums