| Author |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,000 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts |
Probably within mint tolerance but let me know  
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19582 Posts |
Obverse is showing die deterioration--as evidenced by the rather pronounced Ridge Ring. Very nice example.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
So not a valuable error but another good educational piece?
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21900 Posts |
Not an error at all. Keep it as example if you like but has no added value.
Edited by JimmyD 08/13/2021 12:32 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
Sorry, I have a bad habit of saying error when it comes to Die Deterioration. Like die chips and stuff. Spent to much time reading coins Canada "errors" and it messed me up lol.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
I'll be keeping all 42 rolls of pennies I got. Most are worth more then a penny in just copper value. But don't intend on bringing them back to the bank.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
34553 Posts |
Quote: another good educational piece Yes exactly. 
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
Thanks Spence, I'll keep it separate from my normal lot.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
This is a double educational piece if it ends up being confirmed as a Struck Through Grease at the top. Same coin as my other post I think.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
What is the weight on this coin. Probably less than 2.5 grams. Note the overall weakness of the strike. I commented on what these are on another thread just a few minutes ago. But the obverse is called " Ridge Ring". it is a die issue and not related to an off center at all. Also not a Grease Filled Die either. http://goccf.com/t/405677
Edited by coop 08/13/2021 7:33 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107152 Posts |
@Wrekkdd:
Keep posting them coins, you have posted a few interesting ones displaying various worn out die coins..
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
3328 Posts |
I'll keep posting and asking lol, hopefully one day I'll be able to post a real error :p
|
| |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,000 |
|