Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Nice Bounty From Down Under

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 3,349Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2016  5:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is probably the first time I have ever posted in this forum.

Our member and friend trout1105 sent me a care package recently. I was only expecting the one coin (mentioned here), but he told me he was going to include a few things to "fill the gaps" in my Aussie collection (which was only three coins, a 1938 penny, a 1966 Two Cent, and a 1983 Two Cent). Well, I was quite surprised (and humbled) when this showed up at my desk today...

I will get some better photos as time permits.

Thank you again, trout.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2016  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful surprise for you!

We have a lot of generous people here and clearly trout is one of them.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2016  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large kudos to Trout for sure. What an amazing surprise.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5248 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2016  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking as one who knows, trout is an extremely generous person.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
95 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UberDan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's an amazing gift! Think it filled enough gaps?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are most welcome Jbuck, I know that these coins will be appreciated.
I couldn't see the point in sending just one coin when there was room for more in the package
Learn More...
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I couldn't see the point in sending just one coin when there was room for more in the package
A someone who can be quite obsessed with efficiency, I will not argue against that.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in case anyone is wondering, the mint sets and PCGS slab will remain intact. Shocking, I know!

This is my first slabbed coin. I have said I will eventually have to crack slabs to fill Dansco holes, but I do not have a hole to fill here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is my first slabbed coin. I have said I will eventually have to crack slabs to fill Dansco holes, but I do not have a hole to fill here.

HeHe
I sent you a slabbed Captain Cook and one in the original plastic case that these Specimen coins were issued in so that you can get a good look and "Feel" of this coin without having to crack the Slobbed coin
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed that. I have not taken it out yet...

**shake** **rattle** **tap** **spin** ... ***slide***

Oh, nice!

I think this one will get a 2x2 for the Aussie page and the case will find a spot in the big box with all of my US OGP materials.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7048 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another reason I like this forum. Its enjoyable to read about situations like this. Kudos to Trout
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2016  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add In2Fish2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good onya trout, well done !
Pillar of the Community
Australia
560 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Enlil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well when the poles reverse, we will almost be on top of the world. Unless they change magnetic definitions.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well when the poles reverse, we will almost be on top of the world. Unless they change magnetic definitions.

We ARE on top of the world Mate, It's just that our US cousins haven't realised it yet
Valued Member
South Africa
331 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add teslacoil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone wanna send me a morgan hehehehe
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 3,349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05