Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please help grade this 1859 one cent  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
470 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  5:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How would you grade this one Thanks

MG

Valued Member
Canada
183 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ef-40, looks to be an inverted rp9, very nice!
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice 45a1 MG!!

At least EF-40, maybe 45. That one will fit in nicely with your Obverse 45a group!!

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10738 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3168 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2017  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

At least EF-40, maybe 45.

MR. MG..

Great 9/Inv 9 and so few seen at that nice lofty grade.

PCGS would put a 45 on it for sure..
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10341 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice coin too bad it was lightly buffed, at least, AU-50
True North
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18947 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45, clearly cleaned, borderline market acceptable.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3168 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2017  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MG..My only concern is the small mark/dent at leaf # 12..

Could you step back a bit a show this cent in it's more natural lighting ?

I know that you add a lot of brightness in your photos.

.I want all to see it in it's normal light (if possible) and that will mean a little less detail, but we already have a great shots above to see the necessary details here.
Valued Member
Canada
470 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2017  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
MG..My only concern is the small mark/dent at leaf # 12..

Could you step back a bit a show this cent in it's more natural lighting ?

DEVLEC,

With my setup that is about the best I can do.
What you see at leaf 12 is a bit of verdigris. and I wish that I could remove it, but I don.t believe so. When I received this cent you had a hard time to tell it was an 1859 and it looked no more than F12 at most. It was covered so bad with crud that I had to give it a hot bath to remove all that crud. To my big surprise it was a 45a1. If I had not cleaned it I would've never known that it was a 9 over an inverted 9 !!
Quote:
MR. MG..

Great 9/Inv 9 and so few seen at that nice lofty grade.
Like you said a coin so rare in this condition.To my knowledge this coin will be passed on to one of my children I hope, and will never be sold by me. By that time this cent will have re toned by then!

PS: You are looking at this cent at 100x and not at 5 to 7x which they use to grade. makes a big difference!

MG

Edited by viper
11/29/2017 05:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3168 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2017  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the added info about this great one and I hope that your children do appreciate what you've passed on..

I certainly appreciate seeing it here..and great work on that clean up..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1231 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2017  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF40
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 at most
Valued Member
Canada
470 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all that gave their opinion on this though coin!

MG
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say AU with details.
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Andy888's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 with nice eye appeal for the grade.
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carpman98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 at best. Considerable wear on eyebrow.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05