Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Prices Of 2019-w Uncirculated Cents *crazy*

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1793 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by Tunnioc
07/19/2019 11:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that ebay page was worth a screenshot, for future reference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First one or first one that they graded. An actual verified first strike would be worth the extra money. The first one that they graded, so what?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6060 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Label it and they will buy.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First one or first one that they graded. An actual verified first strike would be worth the extra money. The first one that they graded, so what?

That label has nothing to do with either of those things.

It's an incorrect label because W cents have been made before they just couldn't be identified, but it has nothing to do with grading firsts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's an incorrect label because W cents have been made before they just couldn't be identified, but it has nothing to do with grading firsts

Good point regarding previous cent production at West Point. That said, if they meant to claim that it was the first 2019-W that they graded, my so what point remains.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. That said, if they meant to claim that it was the first 2019-W that they graded, my so what point remains.

They didn't. It's claiming its the first W cent which is wrong though technically correct from a MM standpoint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How would they be able to verify that it's the very first W mint marked cent?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How would they be able to verify that it's the very first W mint marked cent?

Its the first cent with a W MM. This is a very common label for ALL of the W cents if submitters wanted.

It has NOTHING to do with anything for being the first of submissions or what cent it was in production as I had said before.

The price is because it's a 70 PL which NGC does seem to be rather liberal in their grading of these.
Edited by basebal21
07/24/2019 4:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I understand now. The $11,000 price led me to believe that they were claiming that it's unique.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12269 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK, I understand now. The $11,000 price led me to believe that they were claiming that it's unique.

The real thing to consider here is that while NGC has graded hundreds as MS 70 and over 10 as MS 70 PL, PCGS still have 0 MS 70s of any kind in their population report.

People can make of that what they will, but that essentially never happens and in my opinion seems generous from one company
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess that a few of the PCGS MS69 coins would grade at MS70 with NGC.

So basically a $35 to say $60 PCGS MS69 could be the same as a NGC MS70 selling in the thousands.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39476 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No wonder sports betting is so popular.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Fellow Coin Collecting Enthusiasts, I wanted to share a Positive Thought. I received another order of the Uncirculated Mint Sets. An order of 6 sets, out of the 6 Cents,In My Opinion, 4 are flawless, two have a darker tone in the same spots. My point, I received orders after the initial release( May 15th ) the first batch during the release, the second during the July 15th time frame, and the last order received Today. The latest batches are freshly struck, or so it seems. I too love to collect an apparently perfectly struck coin. Anyone, Invest $21.95 for the Unc Set and take a shot at the MS-70'S that are surviving the stagecoach ride to us, from the United States Mint's fulfillment center's..... Some are Flawless...... PS, Out of the first two orders, I had about a dozen sets received, in those sets, I do have 2 Flawless Cents, Which I think is Great compared to all the facts and stories.........
Edited by morgans dad
08/06/2019 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty happy with all of my W-cents. I was fortunate to receive six in (what I consider) flawless shape. Don't know that I'll submit for grading but maybe I will... no place to keep them at the moment but in the OGP baggies.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05