Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Not Danco 7070 Type Set, Or How To Have A Type Set For Less $$$

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  11:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After looking at JBuck's type set http://goccf.com/t/82365 I came to the realization that I could (almost) complete a vastly cheaper one.... So I picked up the Whitman 20/21st century type set album and went crazy. I'm currently missing 8 coins but I have 5 on order and the other 3 are reasonable as long as I don't go MS state (which I wasn't planning to do), majority of coins came from 2 mint sets 1967 Proof set and 1999 Uncirculated set (actually 3 as I forgot that Sacajawea only came out in 2000 and I had removed the NJ quarter from 1999).

So here is my vastly cheaper not Dando 7070 type set. I'm very happy and its all Jbuck's fault ;)

I have an order:
Liberty Head Nickel
Territorial quarter (silver proof)
1964 Kennedy 50 Cent
1976 Kennedy 50 Cent
Morgan dollar

Edited by hfjacinto
09/12/2019 4:03 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29048 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5162 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  06:07 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you planning to do Seated and Bust Coinage?
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you planning to do Seated and Bust Coinage?

After getting the missing 3, which shouldn't be too long, I wasn't planning in seated or bust, well not at this time. My next goal is completing the IHC as I'm only missing the key dates (1909 s and 1877). After that I have no real goals. Kenkat has the LWC in BU, I thought about doing that but the teen LWC really go up in price. Maybe I'll just collect Silver Eagles for bullion.
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just reread my original post, it's confusing as I said I have 6 holes but there are 8 holes. That's because I have 2 coins not in the set, I want to get replacements. But the correct number is 8 coins. A few replacements on order and missing 3 (barber quarter, Standing quarter and barber 50 cent)

Pillar of the Community
United States
7744 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you're off to a great start!

Be careful when putting a type set together, they're addicting. Before you know it, you'll be starting a 7070 too!
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you going to put your Innovation dollar?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17507 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice set that is fairly easy to complete.
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where are you going to put your Innovation dollar?

I didn't even want to put in the Presidential dollars. I mean we went from UGLY (the Ike) to Uglier ( SBA) and then gold colored old man on coins. I want a beautiful women on a coin, not ugly old man ;)
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

Quote:
I'm very happy and its all Jbuck's fault ;)
Glad to hinder, er, help you out!
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck,

Just so you know I actually went out and got a (YUCK) 1971 S silver proof Ike to put in the album... I actually paid for an Ike, I feel really bad... But my Ike was kind of sad.. well all Ikes are kind of sad ;) But I figured since he is Silver, he might not be as sad looking and its almost, possibly, hmmmm not likely. Still sad..

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just so you know I actually went out and got a (YUCK) 1971 S silver proof Ike to put in the album... I actually paid for an Ike, I feel really bad... But my Ike was kind of sad.. well all Ikes are kind of sad ;) But I figured since he is Silver, he might not be as sad looking and its almost, possibly, hmmmm not likely. Still sad..
Not sure if I want to , , , , , or this one.

Silliness aside, Well done!

Next step is to get an a Ike lbum and fill it up.
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2731 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm wondering which of the OP album's types I actually don't have - and which I do...

...OK, here's a list.

Have in my 7070:

Indian Head cent
Wheat cent
Steel cent
Memorial cent (copper)
V nickel
Buffalo nickel
War nickel
Mercury dime
Roosevelt dime (silver)
Barber quarter
Standing Liberty quarter
Washington quarter (silver)
Washington quarter (clad)
Bicentennial quarter
State Quarter
Barber half
Walking Liberty half
Franklin half
Kennedy half (silver, 1964)
Kennedy half (clad, post-1971)
Bicentennial half
Morgan dollar
Peace dollar
Eisenhower dollar
Bicentennial dollar
SBA dollar

Definitely have, not in my 7070 due to lack of spaces to put them:

Memorial cent (zinc)
Bicentennial cent
Westward Journey nickel
ATB Quarter
Presidential dollar
Native American dollar

Definitely have, but not currently in my 7070, despite spaces waiting for them:

Jefferson nickel (1938-2003) - too many of this very common type to choose from
Barber dime - misplaced my example, which will be placed in my 7070 when I find it
Roosevelt dime (clad) - too many of this very common type to choose from
Sacagawea dollar - misplaced my example, which will be placed in my 7070 when I find it

Probably have, but not actually sure:

Shield cent
Jefferson nickel (post-2006)

That leaves two relatively certain gaps - the territory quarter (which I might actually have, but I don't recall ever getting one), and the silver-clad Kennedy half (which I definitely don't have).

Obviously, neither would be particularly complicated, or particularly expensive, to acquire.

...Alas, while I've made some progress with the later 19th century cents and nickels, I have yet to acquire any Seated or Bust coinage (the examples I have seen were well over my budget), which means that I'm only about halfway done on the actual 7070 set (which features a very large amount of spaces for such types).
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at the Dansco 7070 set and there are just so many coins that are very costly and if I wanted them in BU crazy priced. I pretty much have all the ones I am missing on order so I'll complete this one very quickly. I have a few I may upgrade to BU/Proof but anything expensive (>$100) needs to wait till I finish the IHC set.
Valued Member
173 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright... I know its only been a few days since I posted the album but...

I had an envelope with foreign currency and I don't collect foreign currency so it was time to give it a good home. With the trade I was able to update a few not in MS coins with MS and actually got much more value from the currency than I expected. What I like about this set is that you can get most of the coins in MS for not a lot of money. First up was an MS War Nickel.

I also picked up a Proof SBA and a Proof Washington President coin. These aren't my favorite coins (I mean they aren't as bad as an Ike Jbuck ), but at least in proof they are almost OK

I also got a Morgan. Now Morgans are beautiful!

Finished the dollar page.

Edited by hfjacinto
09/13/2019 2:52 pm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05