Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1914 D LWC Grade? Authentic?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
800 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  07:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
All feedback appreciated.

Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42242 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-30, genuine.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35. Eye Appeal 6/10. A good one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7786 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF30 with a good shot at 35. looks like obverse die #2.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me the coin don't look right everything looks to thick kinda looks fake. Ya look at the Date and it looks to fresh and bold from the rest of the coin. I think its a wheat but altered and the D is off. But I could be wrong..
Edited by Daves Errors
09/20/2019 12:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is authentic
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10656 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks real to me.
VF30 nice, makes my graded G-04 look sick.
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK a question to all thinking it's real.>>> PLEASE tell me how that Date looks like it was just put on the coin yesterday and its a little to shiny like its been cleaned and re-stained and polished, BUT the rest of the coin is worn and nicked >> The date not worn or nicked. You cant ever see the hair details very well cause its worn but the DATE looks NEW lol COME ON. Also why is the T&Y touching? Send it in and let us know. I think its FAKE.
Edited by Daves Errors
09/20/2019 5:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16068 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20, genuine
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7565 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks good to me and I trust Thad, knows his stuff.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
6127 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF20 and genuine

@Daves errors
A simple way to research this without needing to waste money om authentication is to do a google search for 1914 D cent images. Start looking at various ones listed and make comparisons. You can also look up counterfeit 1914 D images and see just how bad they compare to the real thing with muchy details, porous surfaces, etc.

If it is still puzzling, look up how to make an overlay of one picture to another to match up details.

As to the "TY" touching, look closely and you will see both of these letters have taken small hit which has flattened them to make them look like they are closer together.

From searching online you can also see the date on this cent was sometimes very well struck and crisp like this one.

Sending a coin in for authentication can be done, but I personally enjoy spending the fees on other coins when the information for authentication is right at my fingertips online.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
625 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't you find it a lil ODD due to all hits scratches gouges ALL over the coin obverse and reverse,Letters, Bust, Field, and Rim and not a one hit to the DATE, It looks like it was just put on the coin yesterday? IDK. I did look at some 1914 D's and I did not see not a one with the date looking like this one not even a slabbed . No Biggy.....
Edited by Daves Errors
09/20/2019 10:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7786 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if the MM was added to this coin the person doing it is a master as it matches the exact angle and position of obverse die#2

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! Definitely authentic, and it has great eye appeal. It has the usual soft Denver strike, clearly noticeable on the right wheat stalk. That has to be weighed in the grading. The clarity of the obverse lettering and date suggest an early middle die state obverse die paired with a late middle die state reverse. By appearance, it is VF-20, but when the strike is factored in, VF-25 seems more appropriate.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18270 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, this one looks VF-25 with nice color.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05