Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Proof ASE Went Up Almost $9

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 3,078Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16971 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2020  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To a bullion dealer it makes no difference if your 1000 fine One Ounce is proof or not, and very little difference if it is American or Australian.

A coin dealer may? give you more if it is a proof, but I sold some silver proofs a couple of months ago to a coin dealer, and all got was the spot sliver price.

Buy what you like
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It wouldn't be smart to sell a numismatic coin to a bullion dealer. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that coin dealer took the coins he paid bullion for and resold them with a numismatic premium. If they were ASE's, there's almost no doubt he did that. However, some commemoratives are only worth a bit more than their bullion value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry too much about this at this point. The global economy is likely crashing into a recession or depression and their cash grab before this happened is going to soon be irrelevant.

Currently with the unknown and variables, my dollars have become more valuable and important to me and I'm sure this applies to everyone else. I can choose between a mint coin or something else. There's a tightening. In order for them to sell them they are going to have to loosen prices, just the reality of it. This virus is throwing everyone for a loop and it will have an effect across the board. Saw a Ford commercial today and they were making first 3 payments and deferring the next 3, in essence giving the first 6 months free with no payments if you buy a new Ford. That doesn't happen unless the economy is struggling towards a recession or depression and they aren't struggling to sell cars and trucks.

They will adjust the prices to make sales. If they don't people won't buy them. The caveat is if this is just a "scare" or "panic" that goes away soon, then people wI'll keep bting and they have no need to reduce prices.

Supply and demand. If the demand isn't there then they will have to reduse prices to make sales.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
03/22/2020 04:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1833 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 3 items on subscription at the current cost I'm going to pass on 2 of them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10436 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only subscription I'm considering cancelling is the 5-oz ATB coins; the rest I'll keep for now. But I'm flat-out passing on the AGE and gold commemoratives this year due to price hikes.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 3,078Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05