Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2007 P Jefferson Nickel Possibly A One Of A Kind Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yenom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to start by saying thanks for the warm welcome. I just joined yesterday but I have followed your forum for about 2 years.
I found this 2007 p nickel in my pocket change and I was hoping that the experts here could tell me if this is the kind of error rare.

I hope the pics show that there's an extra "WE" on the top left of the reverse. Also there's a lot of impressions of sorts on the obverse. Sorry for the "long winded" explanation and thank you for any and all help. l
Edited by yenom
01/27/2020 01:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
924 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post pictures
Pillar of the Community
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF
Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  12:19 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here is the tutorial about uploading and posting images

And here is the CCF Free Image Optimizer to help crop your images.
And please preview your post/pictures to be sure the images are rotated correctly.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If those are recessed/impressions, it may be caused by another coin being pressed into the surface in a vise perhaps. Might be PMD
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
2593 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and to CCF
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31843 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I agree with Fuzzy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yenom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yenom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it had been pressed also, when I looked at the front of this coin I saw where the obverse has added marks also and chattering at the bottom. I don't know how PMD would have caused that.
Valued Member
United States
327 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marks on the obverse are further proof that the coin was pressed or squeezed. If there is enough pressure to press another coin into it, then there would be something on the other side of the coin holding or pressing as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone put a coin on one side of the nickel and squeezed it together with a vice, causing the mirrored, infuse impressions on one side and that wavy effect from the vice on the other side. Just PMD.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42172 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or put with a second coin between two 2X2 and hit with a large hammer. Just a damaged coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yenom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Experts and experience that's why I joined.I sorta thought it was sandwiched the way coop said but was hoping for the best. Thanks for the experienced opions. I'm sorry for my sluggeshness with posting...it's my first time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42172 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot the welcome. I'll turn on the welcome sign:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05