Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Collect Bullion ASE?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 2,816Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  9:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was wondering if anyone actually collects the Bullion ASE? I know some people collect proofs, I was wondering about just the bullion (1986 to present).
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep. I have an album of them, 86 to present (no 2020 yet, tho..). I usually just purchase several, if not buying a full tube, and put the most decent one I find into the album.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too have the same dansco album short this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i also have one for the proofs and a blank one for the uncirculated/burnished issues. i'll add the several other special silver eagles- like the ones only available in sets or limited edition things- to the albums after I upgrade to CAPS albums. (i lack only the '95-W proof and the recent '19-S ERP for a current full set of specimens, lol)

óbut getting back to the bullion, I'm thinking that I want to start another, differently-themed bullion album, since i'll be moving the big three up to CAPS, eventually, and I want that new album's theme to be sort of like pocket piece grade ASEs, you know, or those poor things that get trashed but you can still make out the date. I wonder if I can locate one of every date of a trashed bullion ASE (without ebay, lol..).
Edited by MrPink2018
02/02/2020 03:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to get a tube or two every year starting in 1986 but quit when the 5 oz pucks came into being....and I think they make great pocket pieces ...a tad heavy but still great
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can do the proofs but isn't there a year without proofs?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 only had the bullion coin, no proofs or mint marked coins.

Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep.

i wouldn't consider my ASE collection complete without them. I'm a fan.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any one more expensive than the others? I have a few dates just from regular purchases. A few in some dates more than others. I have the 1986 already.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10715 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought you considered all ASEs bullion, hfjacinto?

Jesting aside, yes, I collect one of each bullion for my CAPS album and the rest are stacked. Though I don't really stack many bullion ASEs. There are much cheaper ways to stack silver.

Bullion ASEs have been produced every year since 1986 in the millions so they're all readily accessible for a few bucks over spot if you're patient.
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bullion ASEs have been produced every year since 1986 in the millions so they're all readily accessible for a few bucks over spot if you're patient.

that was largely what prompted me to gather one of each date. it was going to be easy to do & I wasn't in any particular hurry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I (and Red Book and the grading companies) consider all ASE bullion, some people (me including) have been known to pay a premium for some of the "finer" finishes :) but the reason I ask is that I picked up ASE for years (some years more than 1), I have probably about 50% of them already so putting together a "bullion" (to confirm that I'm talking about the non mint marked, non special finish variety :) ) should be easy. Just wanted to know if any issues. Mr Pinks album picture showed there are no special varieties so this would be a easy set.

For those that have the album what are you going to put in 2021 as the back is changing a new bullion or maybe a special finish as they are supposed to still have the heraldic reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2021 ASE will be the last one in my album as it finishes a page and the weight of the album is substantial.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Muddler, which one the bullion or a proof?
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too just collect the bullion ASE. Picked up the 2020 ASE this past weekend.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 2,816Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05