Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Indian Head Penny Small Cents Error?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45984 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Conder is pretty close. Amazing coin.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
02/19/2020 6:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
566 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's just amazing! DEFINITELY not a common error, I've never seen a double struck IHC before. Date looks like 1897. Probably worth a lot of money if it's real!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43131 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Message from Mike Diamond:

Quote:
Hi Coop.
I see a double strike with an indent on the second strike. The coin also rotated between strikes.
Mike

So it is a keeper and a pricey one at that.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tswart2505 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's really sweet to hear#129303;! Awsome I have to be honest it seriously brought tears to my eyes all these years I've said I thought it might be special(to me) & maybe not real common & might even be worth something? Are we talking like a couple hundred dollars or maybe close to $500?
Thank you much appreciated, Tammysue
Pillar of the Community
United States
1280 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wild guess? If certified by NGC or PCGS, $500 to $1500 taking a quick look at eBay sales. To get top money, you need to send it off to be certified.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2811 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I said you had something special, now if you get it graded and slabbed as that error I'm thinking more than $1500 in the right auction....good luck, keep us posted
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tswart2505 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW that is way more than I could of imagined. How do I go about getting it certified? What is the dif between the 2 places? Do they tell you a value? Does it take a long time? Sorry about all the questions. I can't thank ALL of you enough for your expertise! I will def keep ya'll updated!
Much Appreciated, Tammysue
Pillar of the Community
United States
878 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just stumbled upon this post, neat coin, and if found in at a 7-11, what a find!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
7661 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us know if you decide to list it on eBay !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45984 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be sent to a TPG, no question.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tswart2505 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am working on getting it sent off to NGC. I will let ya'll know what I find out for sure!! I'm excited to hear what they say should be interesting? I have a few more coins I want to put on here but 1 I'm not sure which forum to put it on cause I'm not 100% sure what it is? But supposedly it came out from 1 of the sunken ships off Florida(where I'm from), any advice which forum?
Thank You, Tammysue
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
771 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderfulness, a belated discovery after holding on to it this long and getting free expert opinions here on forum. This is a cool example, a small but active niche group will have high interest in the coin. If your a fellow coin rebel then how about considering ANACS? They will slab that baby up with some series nouns verbs and adjectives fast and cheap. If you do decide to sell then cross over the railroad tracks uptown to PCGS. ANACS the working mans friend. As for the coin woohoo that baby's a peach!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7190 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tammy I would contact Rick Snow, as to a value, he is not only the premiere Indian cent expert but he also is a market maker and dealer. His website has all his contact info on it. He is a longtime friend of mine and a fair guy to deal with in the coin business. He has handled many of the top Indian cent varieties known.

https://www.indiancent.com/

Another good Indian cent expert his his protege Charmy Harker another very knowledgeable dealer in Indian cents and another friend of mine.

https://thepennylady.com/

Last but not least is Jon Sullivan an noted top error dealer in earlier US coinage like this.

https://www.sullivannumismatics.com/

Hope some of these contacts help out, you have a neat and tough error, don't take the first offer, shop it around to be sure you maximize your profit gain and don't leave too much money on the table.

GOOD LUCK!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1786 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

What a great error coin!
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45984 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contacting Rick Snow with pics is definitely a good idea.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05