Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit 1 Oz. Gold Ebay Bar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 6,162Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14710 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2020  09:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The latest in the series of spotting counterfeit bars.

The following are some, but not all, of the markers in
telling a Genuine from Counterfeit bar.

Thickness of letter "a"
Smaller "tm"
Perth Mint Logo smaller.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3836 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2020  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would never ever buy any gold bar named after a dodgy website known for the amount of fake stuff on it. Really an ebay gold bar?
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I don't see putting ebay on the bar as a selling point.
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is almost as tacky as putting a monster energy sticker on your truck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a clever way to sell gold for $2500 an ounce. Complete and utter scam.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1228 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  05:56 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well if you ask me both are scams really, just that one is more fraudulent then the other.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I just came across this counterfeit. This pic shows the simple way of finding out the counterfeit. OVER THE EDGE UNCONFORMED WEIGHT.p.s. Its being sold on ebay. item #324196160108 Some ebayer may never know its a fake.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay won't be offended and take them down because they still get final value fees when they sell.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2020  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ebay. item #324196160108 sold for US $1,360.04
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quick follow up: As of 6/23/2020

Seller of this counterfeit and other fake gold has been hit with 4 negatives
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4477 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is beyond me why someone would buy a gold bar from a new, unknown, seller.

However, couldn't the buyer get their money back?
Edited by oriole
06/23/2020 12:16 pm
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, ebay covers you but you better respond in a timely manner. A lot of people don't break the seal thinking it's worth more that way and won't find out until well later. Or it's the heirs that find out. I buy sealed pandas occasionally but I always open them up to do my verification.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4251 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good info.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5395 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes! Seller had 3 negs selling electronics a year ago, then waited and began selling gold. 83% FB great seller!
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
never in this lifetime or the next would I buy gold from ebay. never.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2020  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My experiences on ebay so far have been problem free. Coins I have received from smaller sellers are almost always in perfect condition. Coins from the big dealers are mostly perfect. Some just alright. In 2 cases they were horrid and there was no problem exchanging for another.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 6,162Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: