Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Really Like Coins With A Bison!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 662Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Of all the coins I have, my favorite animal on them is a bison. To me it evokes the old west. Even know most are new, the coins just have a lot of character to me.

Bison Nickels

Commemoratives

I'm missing the US National Park commerrative, but I think that's it for bison on US coins (well not including gold coins).
Learn More...
United States
88814 Posts
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool set!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8888 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some quarters. You might pick up silver proofs of those.
2005 Kansas
2006 North Dakota
2010 Yellowstone
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are some quarters. You might pick up silver proofs of those.
2005 Kansas
2006 North Dakota
2010 Yellowstone

Thank you, I actually have all of these, but that is a good idea, getting them in silver!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13814 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh , excuse me but the cover of your album says '' Buffalo nickels '' .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ahh , excuse me but the cover of your album says '' Buffalo nickels '' .

They also called the Liberty with a pithgran cap dime a Mercury dime, people are wrong all the time. I just need to correct them
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4537 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat thematic collection! Thanks for sharing!

Back in 2013, 2014 and 2015, the Royal Canadian Mint released a variety of bison coins - bullion and NCLT. You might consider them, almost all are very well designed and executed!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Back in 2013, 2014 and 2015, the Royal Canadian Mint released a variety of bison coins - bullion and NCLT. You might consider them, almost all are very well designed and executed!

Thank you, I did not know that. Maybe at a future time. I found the National Park one with the bison, need to get that one first. But I really like the Canada series, the 2015 is the nicest to me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3547 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you know that there is a polish 2 Zlote coin from 2013 with a EUROPEAN Bison? Would that fit into your collecting theme?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8888 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention a lot of medals . . .
oh wait, I did mention it.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oriole there are limits, that one would be hard to find locally :) if you have extras let me know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this going to be like the Canada small cents collection :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably skip medals :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
6425 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing - excellent displays and collection.

BTW - If you ever visit Buffalo, NY, you will find at the city limits on Highway 90 that they have several statues of buffaloes.

I figure if Buffaloans, who arguably are THE authorities on buffaloes, can refer to the large critters as Buffalo, then I can to!

BTW - can you Punctuate the following sentence to make it make sense?
Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2164 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buffalo calls spicy wings Buffalo wings. There isn't any bison meat on chicken. I'm not certain how experts they are on a bison
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 662Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05