Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Way To Go NGC...1913 D Buffalo Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,183Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I just got this one back the other day from NGC, I apologize, I can never manage to take decent pics of slabs.

Issue 1- Cleaned, I don't agree, in hand it has great luster, My pics don't do it any justice.
Issue 2: well it's a Type 1, and NGC wrote on the slab......
Issue 3: there is a huge white hair on the obverse caught under the rim tab.

How would you proceed? In the past I would have contacted them, but right now I'm leaning towards cracking it out, moving on and not dealing with them again....

Bedrock of the Community
United States
36484 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Make them reimburse your money and send it to PCGS. Don't just break it out of their slab,they have your money.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
09/07/2020 6:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would contact their costumer service.

Considering all the mistakes they made on this one, They might just take it back, correct the Type 1 and remove the hair free of charge including shipping. You might get lucky with a straight grade by another grader. Only do it, if the entire process is free of charge. If they agree to this, you have lost nothing.
Edited by USSID18
09/07/2020 7:14 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19860 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably not worth all the time, mailing, etc. I'd just break it out for a place in an Album.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5633 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would ask NGC to correct the title and remove the hair.

As far as "cleaned" goes? That was their opinion on the day they graded it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52145 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To start, I would simply contact them by e-mail to with your excellent "huge white hair" pic and ask them how to proceed. They should pay the cost of return and re-grading.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/07/2020 7:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my Anacs slab had a minor issue I contact Anacs and they reslabbed it and graded and slabbed 2 extra coins for free. They also did it less than a week. I would expect the minimum of the same from NGC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might just end up doing all of the above. Going to call them tomorrow for starters, with a possible follow up email of my " excellent huge white hair" pic as CF put it!

This has just been the icing on the cake with a few other issues with NGC sadly.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52145 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it, standing by.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6667 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or have them relabel it as "white hair variety..."
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11131 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "hair" and wrong label are major mistakes on their part. They need to cover all postage and reslabbing, minimum. Also, if it is incorrectly entered in their system as a Type 2, that needs to be corrected so the cert. # can be properly verified later on.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of my Anacs slab had a minor issue I contact Anacs and they reslabbed it and graded and slabbed 2 extra coins for free. They also did it less than a week. I would expect the minimum of the same from NGC.
This (emphasis mine).
Pillar of the Community
United States
574 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the hair is T2....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reached out to them via phone with a follow up email with pics. They are willing to send a shipping label, reslab, and change the label. She did say there would be no reconsideration on the grade unless I was to pay for the service ( which I was expecting).

Still undecided. Not a fan of "cleaned" aspect. May just crack it out and send them the label to correct the pop report and throw it up here to get a grading opinion. Not a high dollar coin by any means, but I picked it up for next to nothing and needed an extra one in the last submission.

Side note: Wouldn't the "white hair variety" be Type 3?
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least they are willing to correct the mistakes. This is good to know.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least they are willing to correct the mistakes

Always a good thing.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,183Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05