Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961 Roosevelt Dime Is This Error, Variety, Or Sadistic Coin Hater?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 428Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kimmothanne to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
You must get frustrated with us nubies I totally understand but I am not seasoned enough to make a true judgement o this . Can u please explain what it is I have.
.img
.img

Edited by Kimmothanne
10/20/2020 8:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadistic coin hater PMD/ PSD
Learn More...
United States
17731 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You must get frustrated with us nubies

Not at all, especially when you post great pics of your coin. We are here to educate and love questions.

In this case, your dime has taken multiple hits (not a mint error).
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52184 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a Mercury dime but a Roosevelt dime, agree just damaged after it left the mint.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14322 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would call it road kill .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
6671 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember if you can think of a way to use tools in the garage to make a coin look like this, then someone already beat you to it.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all of the above. PMD.

And too, I'll echo what Spence said, we never tire of helping here!

to the CCF!

a va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47416 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note how the coin is not round. Looks like it was hit with a hammer. Well it is a Silver melt coin. So it is worth more than face. But not to a true collector.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kimmothanne to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all much I kind of thought that but some areas made me wonder, just wasn't sure . Thanks again for help
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 428Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05