Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Heard What The US Mint Has Planned For 2021 Commemoratives?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 814Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3759 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  3:31 pm Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious if there are any rumors floating about as to what the U. S. Mint might have planned for their 50 cent (if they have one) commemorative and one dollar commemorative coins.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I heard something about a coin for the teacher that died in the Challenger space shuttle explosion.
Edited by Eagle4Life
11/14/2020 6:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2 are Christa McAuliffe that died on the Space Shuttle Challenger and the other is for Law Enforcement. The legislation for 2021 Peace and Morgan dollars has passed the house but I don't believe the senate has passed it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9135 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be interested in all 4 of those. Thanks for the info.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4781 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2020  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more details regarding the two commemorative coin programs scheduled for 2021:

1. Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Coin Act of 2019 (Approved October 9, 2019)

The program is a one-coin program - a silver dollar with a maximum mintage of 350,000. The coin's sponsor is the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) program, specifically, its robotics program. The group will receive $10 per coin sold (assuming sales of the coin cover the Mint's costs for it).

Its purpose is to commemorate the life of Christa McAuliffe, the social studies teacher from Concord, New Hampshire who was selected to be the first participant in the Teacher in Space program of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Christa and six other astronauts died in the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster on January 28, 1986,

2. National Law Enforcement Museum Commemorative Coin Act (Approved December 20, 2019)

The program includes three coins: a gold $5 coin, a silver dollar and a copper-nickel clad half dollar. Mintage limits are:50,000, 400,000 and 750,000, respectively. The sponsor of the coin program is the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, Inc. It will receive $35 per gold coin sold, $10 per silver dollar sold and $5 per half dollar sold (assuming the Mint covers its costs).

The purpose of the coin program is to support the educational and outreach programs and exhibits of the National Law Enforcement Museum.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3759 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the great info. I have officially completed the half dollar set and unofficially completed the silver dollar set. There is one that my wife is giving me for Christmas to make that set complete. I'm excited about next year now. The subjects sound cool. Lol. Painful having to wait until Christmas to finish the set.

Hey commems.Where did you find that info?
Edited by chafemasterj
11/15/2020 09:33 am
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO those commemoratives suck. I hope they pass the 100 year Morgan/Peace legislation. If not then I guess most of my budget will be on the new eagle coins.
Edited by Eagle4Life
11/15/2020 09:56 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4781 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey commems. Where did you find that info?

On the US Mint's web site - it has quite a bit about US commemorative coins. (www.usmint.gov NOT the shopping catalog site.)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3759 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks commems. I thought I had thoroughly gone over the U.S. Mint's website looking for 2021 info. I must have missed it. Thanks again.
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a relative that is a LEO so the silver proof would be nice as a gift next year. Otherwise, waiting on the eagles and hoping the peace/morgan gets made.

Watch, they make 1921 of the Peace dollars for the first year made. ;)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10712 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have officially completed the half dollar set and unofficially completed the silver dollar set.

Whoa. PICS! Please!
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes. Another banner year for the bloated commemorative program.
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yikes. Another banner year for the bloated commemorative program.

Nothing the Mint can do about about commemoratives for the most part since Congress is telling them to make them, but I wish they would provide more input (assuming congress would listen) in terms of what will sell and what won't. I could see getting some sales for the LEO coin if you market it to the right crowd (take out a full page ad in the police magazines/NRA magazine and you'll get some sales).

The Christa McAuliffe one aside from the space enthusiasts, I can't see there being a large market for these.

Personally, the LEO coin will be a gift purchase for a relative, but unless they pass the Morgan/Peace dollar one, I'm limited to just the silver eagles next year unless something comes out of left field.
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you do not like them, you do not have to buy them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3472 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still think there are slim chances for the 2021 Morgan/Peace dollars.

The bill passed the house, reached the senate late in September and was refereed to the committee on BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS. The only thing on their calendar is The Quarterly CARES Act Report to Congress on December 1st. https://www.banking.senate.gov/

-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3759 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree there Jbuck. I got interested in the sets because I had 5 or 6 Prestige sets that I had broken up. Had those handful of dollar coins and decided to go for the set. I'll admit that the years they had more than three per year were not the funnest to purchase but I enjoyed putting the set together overall.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 814Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 6.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05