Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Will Kennedy Half Dollars Ever Be ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 596Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  01:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Will bicentennial Kennedy halves ever be worth anything?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4415 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes....50 cents
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol Thank you.
Learn More...
United States
19206 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coins, the discussion of a premium on bicentennial quarters and half dollars comes up on CCF every so often. I finally spent all of my bicentennial quarters a couple years ago. While it was really fun collecting them as a kid, they simply have not appreciated in value. It is my opinion that they will continue to be worth face value for a long time to come.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just keep the 40% silver ones. Spend the rest, or give them away as gifts, unless they're BU.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15214 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
unless they're BU.

Let me just clarify that , unless they are Gem MS68/69 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1768 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Philly is a little tough in nice Gem well stuck BU because of worn dies and the nice strikes in mint sets are plagued by scratches. They aren't tough enough to get a large premium but they are hardly common. Denvers have to be MS-66 to bother setting aside.

A lot of '75 and '76 mint sets are tarnished now and this could change what is considered worthwhile in the future as more and more sets tarnish.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4824 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's still fun to put a collection of them together. I'm working on it now. Not an expensive set to do so far.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not expensive until you get to the 90% silver proofs from '92 to date. The silver 2012s is about $100 by itself. All the value in the series lies with the early 1964-1970s, the silver bi-centennials, and the later silver proofs from "92 up. Also the 50th anniversary silver coins are still quite reasonable considering their low mintages. I do however refuse to pay the prices for the clad proofs from 2010 to 2021. I don't mind paying a premium for silver but it ain't gonna happen with clad junk!
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the journey of roll hunting is over . I finally took the $2300 of Kennedy halves to the bank but did keep all the silver and so ever nice NIFC coins and the last of my dollars. I have several people at the bank buying hundreds of dollars I believe $850 and they were so excited to buy them because they cannot find them but I couldn't even get an extra dollar out of roll online.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1548 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless they are high grade premium strikes, the answer is they are spenders. Hopefully people start spending them en masse in 2026 for the 250th.

It would be cool to see 2026 and 1976 quarters side by side in change.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
04/26/2021 12:45 am
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2076 will likely kindle some interest.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would be cool to see 2026 and 1976 quarters side by side in change.

Quote:
2076 will likely kindle some interest.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05